Thursday, January 04, 2007

Where's my remote!


When Pop Pop isn't hogging the baby he is in his "dungeon" watching TV. Normally he has the remote in his hand, 24/7. I mean, even in his sleep he adjusts the volume and changes channels. Who knew that ADD still affects you when you are sleeping?! Anyway, I was watching three movies, two ball games and several misc shows with him when Mom called us upstairs to eat. Well, I had to steal his remote. I seriously had to. He is a terrible flipper and the insanity needed to be stopped. I brought it upstairs with me and Mom saw me hide it. After we ate, Pop snuck away to his dungeon again, without clearing his dirty dishes from the table...AGAIN, so I really didn't feel bad about him going downstairs and tearing apart the basement. I helped Mom with the dishes and when we were done cleaning up the kitchen we went down stairs to find him using his caveman remote....aka his toe, to switch channels. He had pulled up one of the video game rockers and made himself comfy. I guess he got tired of looking for the remote, plus he figured I took it. He hid my book and wouldn't give it back until I gave up the remote. Luckily Mom had grabbed the remote upstairs and took control of the TV for a while. I think she enjoyed yelling at him to keep his feet of the furniture. He's as bad as a kid. Oh, and I did get my book back. I found it but didn't tell him about it. I made him give my book back later and he couldn't seem to find it where he hid it....hmmm, wonder why. I know, I know, I 'm a little bit evil. Just a little bit.

8 comments:

Tami said...

So, that's where Steffi gets her evil streak. It was you the whole time.

Darlene said...

I think it's time you mom teach your dad a lesson. LOL

Anonymous said...

I have only one thing to say LAZY.

Netter said...

Tami~ Nope, Steffi hasn't been exposed to my evil enought to have picked it up. Nice try, but I think the culprit lies somewhere else.

Darlene~ My father is an old dog, he can't learn new tricks, hell, he can barely handle the ones he does know. Plus, he seems to think we like keeping him around to clean up after. He says it makes my Mom feel useful. Don't get me started on that one.

Vic~ Yah, think! Uh, yeah, totally.

Millie said...

I don't know about feeling useful.. used.. maybe would fit the bill a little better..He caught hell, from me this a.m. He had worn two pairs of socks together(unknown by me)(probably when he pushed snow) and just took them off and threw them in the dirty clothes, I didn't pay any attention when I sorted them and then when I took them out of the dryer, I found these "sock balls" that weren't dry.. That is when the s--- hit the fan, as they say... Do ya think, he'll remember next time???? I hope so, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.....

Netter said...

lol...you found two wet sock balls, huh. Is that your new pet name. Oh Gosh, I think I puked a little.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!

Why can't men keep it on ONE channel for more than two seconds? Drives me crazy.

Anonymous said...

Millie you go girl.