Saturday, January 06, 2007

Re: My Childrens Book

Whatever you do, Mother Dear, DO NOT pull out the "Roger and Toby" book that I wrote and quickly illistrated for my Childrens Lit class. SERIOUSLY, nobody is to look at it. Yes, I got an A. Yes, it is kind of cute. Yes, I know you guys think I should have it published, but honestly....It needs a serious rewrite. I have never liked certain things in the story line, but have not known how I could resolve it. I actually have an idea about it now and I wrote it down, but I need to read it again to see if it will work.

Anyway, I don't think you realize how difficult it is to have a childrens book published. I'd have to have a literary agent, have the book copyrighted in advance because you can't even show your synopsis around with out it being swiped. What I really should do, is write several books and then try to get a agent, if I were going to go that route.

I have a cute idea for a "Bunny Rue Rue" book. I might work on it next weekend.

5 comments:

Millie said...

Well, you'd better get mommies permission on that one first... I wouldn't want to be responsible for what she would say or do to you if you did it without the permission..and besides, don't you have to have permission if it is about real life people??

Netter said...

Mother, seriously, its about a bunny not about a person, I'm just going to use the name Rue. Tisha won't care unless I make it a slutty, drug addicted bunny or something. It's going to be a little girl bunny that has to learn the very good lesson. She will love it.

Darlene said...

What a marvelous idea! How funny are the above comments, though? LOL

Netter said...

Mothers! Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

It's a b**ch, isn't it (the publishing route, I mean)? I wanna see this book!