Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cindy's dolly

Once, long, long ago, My parents decided to go to the Nebraska State Fair and ditch me at my Cousins house. Aunt Louise babysat me so the parental units could have a fun day walking around the Fair Grounds picking up free stuff like, yard sticks and eating all that yummy fair food. I kind of remember that day. I think I cried. Anyway, Cousin Cindy let me have her doll for a little bit and Aunt Louise took our picture. Now anyone that knows Cindy, knows without a doubt, that she loved her Mrs Beasley doll. LOOOOOVED it! So its kind of a big deal that she let me have it for a little while. Cindy has always been a good egg.
OK, now its time to make fun of the outfits my parents have on. Love the mocs dad has on his feet. Those could not have been comfy to stroll in all day, oh and dig the shades. He was soo cool. Then Mom has on her American shirt that I remember her wearing quite a bit. She was a brave soul back then to wear white pants to a fair. I wouldn't do it, I'd be so filthy by the time I got home. This must have been taken in Sept of 1971...which puts me at 16 months old. Awww, good times!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Post one~ Love that pic! Groovy man!!

Post two~ Awww that looks like my grandpa. He was a baby hog with me!

Post 3~ You may not be able to do the crochet thing, but you must be really talented to have people say you should publish a childrens book! I bet its great!

Post 4~ *giggles* I could use some hot firemen running all over the place. Just for a little distraction!

Post 5~ ROFL!

Post 6~ I usually do all that! I still havent gotten mine down. Wanna come do it for me??

Miss you! Glad you had a good time! Talk to you soon!

PS... instead of posting comments for each post I did one all together... really didnt feel like messing with word verification all those times!

Darlene said...

That's a 'far out' picture, man. LOL

I vaguely remember owning a Ms Beasley doll, as well. How nice of your parents to leave you with relatives while they went to the fair. When I was about 10, my parents had my Aunt stay with us for 2 weeks while they went to Disney World with friends. I will forever hold a grudge because of that.

Chelie said...

My mom says: You're still as ornery as you were then, lol.

Netter said...

Darlene~ In my parents defense....they rarely left us to go do things on their own. However the few times the did, they were all things I wanted to do. I can't get started on this....ELVIS, MOTHER, ELVIS....enough said there. You poor girl, your parents went to Disney without you. I think that may be meanest thing I have ever heard. How sad.

Chelie~ lol, what!? Me, ornery? lol, I think Aunt Louise has me confused with one of the other cousins. I'm an angel, I just misplaced my halo. I'll look for it later.

Cindy said...

I LOVED that doll. They are worth over $100 now.

Desperate Housewife said...

Groovy!

Anonymous said...

You parents look very hip! I especially like your mom's shirt...I don't remember the Mrs. Beasley dolls at all but just glancing at it, it looks a little like the female counterpart of that scary Chuckie doll.

Netter said...

Mrs Beasley was off of some 1960's TV show...Family Affair maybe with Jody. Anyway, it was before our time. Cindy is older than us.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool digs, man, for sure!

Anonymous said...

I remember your dad wearing those moccasimns all the time . I had a pair also my were dark brown. They were comfortable but I wouldn't beable to walk around all day with them now my feet would kill me. Naturally he had a cig in his hand. I personally don't remember him being that good looking when he was younger. Your mom looks like Tisha. I like the wall paper in the back ground. Oh those were the days.

Millie said...

Woe is me!! I had kinda forgotten about the brown wig I use to have. I had it on that day... whatever posessed me to wear a wig on a hot day to a fair, where you walk around in the hot sun??? Must have been a little mindless then, too... However, I did love the glasses.. they were octagonal shaped, about as close to being hippie glasses as were the granny glasses, they wore..absolutely loved them... Wish I still had the frames.... I don't know what ever happened to them.... Gone, but not forgotten.....