Sunday, December 10, 2006

Raine ALWAYS gives the best gifts.


It's a well known fact. It really is. My friend always gives the most thoughful and original gifts. She remembers the kinds of things you like and adds little touches to every thing she does. Take for example the Christmas present that she gave me this year. First she put them in a Popcorn box. Everyone knows how I have a thing for popcorn...its almost sinful. Almost I said, so don't start thinking up all kinds of kinky things.
Now when I opened the popcorn box I found three more boxes. The first was a box from The Metropolitan Museum of Art that contained these cute, little, delicate ,pearl and gold earrings that she remembered that I said I liked the last time we were there together. The next thing she gave me was a limited edition Mini Pomander ball. In the middle Ages, ladies and lords of Provence would wear a pendant filled with musk or Amber called a "Pomander." It was said to have the magical virtue of protecting and empowering the wearer. I have it hanging off my family tree above my bed. It smells lovely, well, wonderful actually. Last but not least, she bought me a cute little silver box which she knows I have a collection of that I keep my jewelry in. Inside the box is a heart that says "THANK YOU...from the bottom of my" and its a heart, get it. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for hearts! I'm drawn to them.
I always seem to have a good time with Raine and Christopher. We chat, we joke, we gang up on Chris and give him a hard time. They met me at The Met, where they found me knitting. Yes, I was sitting on the front steps knitting a new scarf. We went inside and had tea and exchanged gifts. I felt bad because I forgot one of Christopher's presents...so now I have to mail it to him. We weren't together that long but when it comes to being with friends, you take what you can get. After all, its a busy time of year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww those are some great gifts!

Netter said...

Yeah, I love them. You never know what you will get from Raine, but you always love it. She's great. Oh and they are from Chris too...but he doesn't do the shopping, he just supplies some cash.

Anonymous said...

As we were walking up the steps to meet you I saw you knitting and said, "Dang it I knew I should have brought the camera!" It was a very cute pic and you looked like you were pretty focused. Yes, i have proof that Kissiffer never knows what gifts were are giving loved ones: when the security guy asked what was in the popcorn box (because Kissiffer was carrying the bag) the hub had no idea! So the guy almost made him open it right there. Of course, you, Nett had a bag full of wrapped boxes but the guard let her breeze right through. I guess it's cuz you have that innocen look about you...suckers.

Darlene said...

Wow - nice gifts! You are very spoiled!

Netter said...

Shhh, Darlene, don't let Raine know that! She may stop buying me such fun presents.