Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oatmeal, what a treat!

So, Cliff and Nancy didn't come home last night because their cases are really heating up and Nancy is working like crazy to meet a deadline. They just stayed in the City, which is fine with us, the house is quiet and it doesn't change what we would be doing anyway.
so this morning I came upstairs and Sam had just put the kettle on the stove to boil some water. I got out a bowl, poured in some quick oatmeal, tossed in a spoon and sat it on the counter. Sam was doing the same thing. I sat at the table to knit while the water heated up and Sam was standing at the counter, reading over notes for a test he has today. I was deep in thought, concentrating on my knitting when all of a sudden Sam slides my bowl of oatmeal in front of me. It took me off guard and I said, "Oh wow, thank you so much! You didn't have to do that for me." Sam just smiled and said, "I know." and shoved a big spoonful of his oatmeal in his mouth. I think I know what this sudden act of kindness is about.
Over the last two weeks, Sam has been craving chocolate covered peanuts. We looked in three stores together, stores that normally have them in stock. Nothing. We even asked if they had them in the back store room..nothing. I then over the two weeks I stopped at every grocery store or drugstore that I saw. None of them had chocolate covered peanuts. They had chocolate covered almonds, cashews, you name it...tons of other nuts and berries, just no peanuts. Then when I was at the mall the other day, I stopped in Dylan's Candy Store and they had them in the bulk containers. I bought him a bag full and at first I stuck it in his stocking. Then I decided that I would be nice and gave it to him early. He was so excited....you would have thought he won the lottery or something. Little does he know, I'm getting another bag of them for his stocking. After all, he made oatmeal for me for breakfast....he deserves a treat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww he is a sweetie pie!

Rockstar Mom said...

That was totally sweet. And I love oatmeal....mmmmm.

Darlene said...

what a sweet story! It's amazing how the little things always mean so much more! *smile*

I think I'll smile all day because of this. :o)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. You're both so sweet. You know you can make those things and they are even better! I usually make a batch for Christmas along with the almond bark pretzels and some other candies. We don't make Christmas cookies, just candy.

Netter said...

Yeah, but you see, that would require time and effort....and its Christmas....lol. Oh you know what, I am making chocolate covered pretzels this weekend...maybe I will make some peanuts too.

Good idea Tami...you always were smart.