Tuesday, December 12, 2006

AUGH!

I'm finding myself a little on edge today. I know part of my problem is that I am very tired, even though I went to bed at 11 PM and was asleep before I could get a chance to look at the clock again. LOL, I woke up and there were no covers or pillows on my bed. Now I have 5 big fluffy pillows, a down comforter, a soft blanket, a top sheet and my quilt top that usually surrounds me when I sleep. Well not this morning. I was sprawled out with frozen skin. My poor feet were like ice cubes. I'm a hot sleeper but luckily my room is always cold. I think I would croak if I had one of the rooms upstairs, they are way to warm for me when I'm awake, let alone when I am asleep.
This is what I normally do. I jump in to bed, spending a good 5 minutes rubbing my legs around to warm up the bed a little. I'm snug as a bug in a rug with my millions of fluffy layers. Over night, I slowly shed layers, one by one. I may kick everything off but I usually keep it close by so I can cover up again easily if I get cold. Basically that means I toss one of my legs over the blankets and use them as a giant body pillow. Well, last night, I tossed them all on the floor. By the looks of things I must have been HOT because they were not within grabbing distance when you hang off the bed. I must have tossed them. The odd thing was that they are all in different directions. Don't ask me....but flannel pj bottoms on and they were pulled up above my knees. I have no memory of moving during the night, let alone being hot. I must have been in a very deep sleep.
I'm also feeling a little frustrated because I have to wait ten more days before I get to see Rue and Kanga. I should just be thankful that she didn't have her in November....I'd be a basket case if I had to wait a week or two more. My greatest fear is that I'm going to pick up a bug and be sick when I go home. I have a very good track record for doing that. I've been trying very hard to stay healthy and get lots of rest so I don't wear myself out.

Ahhh, I feel better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just all excited about getting home! That is too funny about the covers. Last nite I couldnt get warm if my life depended on it. And then I woke up so hot that I had to find a summer nite gown.

Hope you have a great day today!!