Tuesday, December 12, 2006

How could I forget to share this!


I was in the shower singing Christmas tunes at the top of my lungs when I suddenly remembered something that I forgot to blog about. I was cracking up, just thinking about it. It was one of those missed photo ops that would drive anyone nuts....but thank goodness I have a good memory and lets face it, the image is burnt into my brain. Here is the story:

I was in a cab last weekend, heading to The MET. Traffic was kind of slow and I was in lala land. We had been stopped for a little bit and suddenly I turned and looked down at the ground to my right. That is when I saw a bright emerald green pair of mens alligator shoes. My first thought was, "WHOA, someone is pimping out his outfit!" but then I realize that his pants were the same color green...and shiney too. I couldn't resist seeing who was sporting this outfit. I slowly size him up and it only gets better. Here is this HOT black man...and I'm not kidding, he was a Blair Underwood-Denzel Washington HOT....but the dude is wearing a shiney, bright, emerald green suit with matching shoes and he was wearing a burgandy turtle neck with a matching burgandy beret. He was unloading Christmas presents from the trunk, so I'm assuming he was headed up to a holiday party. Once the shock of the site wore off and I was sure he wasn't really a pimp. I quickly grabbed my purse and started trying to get my camera out. Ofcourse the cabbie floored it and my "Special forces, green giant "...as I like to refer to him, was gone in a blink of the eye. I told Raine and Chris about it and Raine responded in the same way I would of if the situation had been reversed. She gave me the riot act for not being quicker.
The rest of my cab ride, instead of admiring the park....I was trying to decide if that guy was married, color blind or what! I mean, who would let a boy friend or a husband, that hansdsome, leave the house in that outfit like that. It was mind blowing. I wanted to call the Queer Eye For The Straight Guy team to help this man out. The only thing that would have made it better would have been jingle bells tied on his shoes and a Santa cap on his head.

How could I miss that picture!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it anyhow!! For now on keep the camera out and ready for action. You never know when another moment like that will come along! LOL

Netter said...

I KNOW! I mean seriously, this was a big miss. I think my eye's were popping out of my head...it was the craziest outfit I have seen in years.

Anonymous said...

LMAO You have me all hot and bothered now talking about Denzel. Ooh... la... LA!

Netter said...

Denzel, Denzel, Denzel....I bet Jeff is getting lucky tonight...lol.

Darlene said...

oh THAT would have been a sight to see! LOL Denzel hot???? wow. If one could get past the suit, I guess he would have been eye candy. How do you know he wasn't a pimp & the presents weren't for his hoes?

Netter said...

Darlene, I so want to say something right now....but I will not because it is was the first thing that popped into my head and it was just wrong. I'll email it to you instead....lol.

Netter said...

Wait, Darlene....lol, are you hinting that you don't think denzel is good lookin? OMG...you are, aren't you! Well, I won't say a thing about your love...the Hitman. lol, we are even.

Darlene said...

nett: No! I didn't mean that! Denzel is a b-a-b-e. The wording doesn't always sound right when you type instead of speak.

Netter said...

lol...you never know! He sure is a babe..hubba hubba! I was just worried that your eye site was going. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Only in New York!

Anonymous said...

lol, Indeed!