Thursday, December 14, 2006

My precious Sweeper! NOOOOOOOOOO!

I popped into the laundry room to grab my pretty little carpet sweeper. I wanted to sweep up the needles that fell off my tree. I grabbed the top of the handle and when I went to move it, the bottom...the actual sweeper, did NOT come with the handle. I just thought it came unscrewed or something. But upon closer inspection...I discovered that the handle was snapped off the base. It would take a friggin spot welder to fix that sucker. I stood there a minute in disbelief. I mean, I put the sweeper back in the laundry room the other day and it was fine. So, I went upstairs and found Sam. I asked him if he knew what happened to my carpet sweeper. He asked me what I meant. I told him I was just wondering if he knew what happened to it because it was not broken the other day when I put it in there and now it was. He then told me a long story....how he was getting some pants out of the dryer and lost his balance when he stepped on the edge of a laundry basket and fell into the door, hitting the handle of my sweeper with his hand. When was this? The night before he prepared my Oatmeal. LOL, I knew it was to good to be true. It was sympathy oatmeal, guilt oatmeal...it was taste, but it has left a sour taste in my mouth. Oh hell, I can't be mad, it was an accident. I break stuff all the time, but I tell everyone. lol, via my blog, the phone, ect. I mean, sure it was a lovely sweeper, not plain and boring like most...and it was PINK! PINK people! Sigh, I was going to toss it out, but I realized it works great on the steps. Now instead of getting the vacuum cleaner out ever time someone tracks a few leaves, I can just take the broken sweeper base to the floor via my knees. I need a life! Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh my God! A blog I can actually comment on! $#@&%!! Beta!

The sweeper is actually very pretty. Do those things actually work?

Netter said...

Actually, this sweeper worked really well on the berber carpet in basement and the stairs. You would be suprised how much stuff the pick up.

You are having commenting issues too?! I finally solved my problem, sort of anyway. If you want, I can send you a link to start a google email account and you can use that to leave comments on Beta sites. You don't have to start a new blog, just put your current site on the side bar of your profile page. That is what I had to do on Brandy and Kare's pages. AUUOYING, huh.

Anonymous said...

Aww... Well at least you know why he made the oatmeal for ya! But that is such a pretty pink sweeper. I have never seen one that color!

Anonymous said...

It was one I bought at Target on clerance for very little cash. It was part of their Shabby Chic collection. I got my moneys worth out of it. *sob*...but I miss my pink sweeper...*sob*

Anonymous said...

Hey, some people live for clean floors! My son put the groceries away for me the other day. Wasn't that sweet? He also forgot to put the garbage cans out the night before. Sweet with a side of guilt, no?

Netter said...

lol, indeed.

Anonymous said...

What? no super glue. I firmly believe that duct tape can fix anything. lol

Netter said...

I don't know, I think its even to far gone for duct tape...lol.

Rockstar Mom said...

You are so creative!

Netter said...

lol, yeah, I'm something all right!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely sweeper. I didn't even realize they manufactured such pretty sweepers. Is it supposed to make a woman forget how awful cleaning is? lol Oh, and I misread the first sentence of this post. I read, "I pooped in the laundry room..." :O

Netter said...

LOL...OMG, well technically my bathroom is attached to the laundry room, so I suppose I have pooped in there before...but not IN the actual laundry room. Oh man, bathroom humor, my Mother will be so proud.