Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tough times call for creativity!

My dear Blogger friends,

It’s somewhat embarrassing to admit, but as I'm not getting an annual bonus that means that Christmas is tight this year. I will be making bedroom slippers for you all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've included the instructions below:

How to make bedroom slippers out of maxi pads: You need four maxi pads to make a pair. Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part. The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top. Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part. Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most aesthetically appealing), etc.

These slippers are:

* Soft and Hygienic

* Non-slip grip strips on the soles

* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh

* No more bending over to mop up spills

* Disposable and biodegradable

* Environmentally safe

* Three convenient sizes: Regular, Light and Get out the Sand Bags.


*Guys if you are not getting your bonus you too can make these for that special gal in your life.

I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the nifty slippers for yourself. I am awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each one of you!

***I'm sorry to say that I didn't come up with this. I thought it was kind of clever. Plus,if I had received it earlier, I would have stuck a few pairs in the packages I mailed out today. Bet you are glad I didn't!***

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop it, Netter! You're killing me! That is too funny! It's ca-razy!!

Netter said...

I know...lol

Netter said...

Sue, Do you want me to make you a pair? I already sent you a package...but I could stick another in the mail. hehe

Anonymous said...

OMG.... Laughing so much it hurts! That is too funny. This actually reminds me of a funny story about my daughter! tee hee Lets see should I share it or will she kill me for it?? LOL


PS love the music!!!

Darlene said...

Oh. My. God. ROFLMAO.

I've decided to be crafty, so I'm going to make those for everyone next year!

Netter said...

Brandy~ SHARE, by all means, SHARE IT! It will be our secret...I won't tell. hehehe.

Yeah, Burl Ives rocks!

Darlene~ LOL, I figured you got all excited at the mention of homemade slippers... I dare you to make a pair for Amy. Oh, for next year, I'm a 9 but I have a wide foot..better make mine on pads with wings. lol.

gloria said...

Hey Net,
This is my kind of craft. You didn't, by any chance, find this at TackyLiving.com? I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised. If you haven't visited that site, you're in for a treat, right up your alley. (MIne, too.)

I would love a pair of these. Only I have really big tootsies, so you might want to use Depends instead. With wings, I'm a wide, too.

Hey, I thought of another use for them. You know those needles from your Christmas tree? Well, now that your sweeper is on the fritz, you can tromp around the tree in your slippers and the sticky side will do the job for your. Though you'll need a new pair when you're done unless you don't mind scraping the needles off the bottoms.

And this is a stretch, but you could use them instead of a lint brush for sprucing up (pun intended) before those holiday parties. Have your family line up in front of you as you sit on the sofa, then simple dab away at them with the bottoms of your new slippers. (Good exercise, too.) All the lint will stick to your "Padders" and not on their velvetine frocks and Dockers. Smart, huh?

No need to thank me, just doing my part for a tidier universe.
Merry Christmas,
gloria

ps. glad you enjoyed my latest column. Packrats UNITE!

Anonymous said...

LOL...Gloria, you crack me up. I don't know where this came from, it was emailed to me and I loved it. Hence it became part of my wacky site.

I'll steal some of Grandma's Depends this Christmas so I can whip you up a pair of slippers...hehe.

Anonymous said...

I have a pair of slippers, but if you could make a pair for Gary next year. I need not say more.

Netter said...

lol, I will make a mental note of that... but with feet the size of his, I will have to see if they make maxi pads for elephants.

Anonymous said...

LMAO Those rock! But, um, please, you're too generous already. I'll save you the time and energy. You don't have to send a pair to me. LOL

Netter said...

COME ON...you know you want some. ADMIT IT! lol