Thursday, December 14, 2006

Do my eyes deceive me?!

Please, oh please, say it isn't so! I'll admit it now. I don't get the whole NASCAR thing. Not one bit. I mean, maybe it is a worth while sport. I'm just not feeling it. It seems to me to be a huge waste of fuel and tires....but maybe I'm just not giving it a chance.
Anyway, I received an envelope in the mail today. I thought, "Oh goodie, Lorie sent me a photo Christmas card, cool!" As I opened it I was thinking about how Lorie hates to have her picture taken....hmmmm, I wonder what possessed her. Then I pulled that it out of the envelope. Ah haaaa! Was it a joke? Nope, nope, she seriously sent these out to everyone she knows. Well, I can't complain to much. Two years ago I bought her a bunch of Jeff Gordon, car 24, Christmas stuff. Yeah, a stocking a Santa in a pit suit with a head set, little elves dressed as the pit crew ornaments. Yes, I encouraged the obsession and now look where it has lead us. No pretty little glitter covered cards...nope...no cute little baby animal cards, no lovely landscape cards, funny Santa putting you on the naughty list cards. Nope, she's sending out a race car. For Pete sake, it doesn't even have a candy cane sticker on the side or a wreath wired in the grill. Maybe I should send this card to Jeff's "people" so they can take a restraining order out against Lorie....I fear this could lead to something bordering on stalking. Merry Christmas Lorie! I'll try to get you some help after the New Year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Hey there is at least trees on the card!

Netter said...

Shhhh, Brandy, I was hoping nobody noticed that...it takes away from my point. Uh, what was my point again? lol

Rockstar Mom said...

Ugh. NASCAR. Ugh, Jeff Gordon, the rainbow warrior.

Can't understand how it qualifies as a "Sport" and can't understand why women swoon over that goofy looking troll of a man.

Netter said...

Marianne~ YEAH, what is the deal with that stuff? OMG, I don't get it. Wanna join in on the intervention? I think something has to be done.

Anonymous said...

Hubby's sister and her husband are big NASCAR fans. They were down in TX a month ago. I totally don't get it. That is one crazy a** Christmas card. Makes me laugh, though. LMAO