Thursday, December 14, 2006

Knitting project #2

I made another scarf. I actually made it for my friend Raine, because she is the person that gave me the "How to knit" DVD that got me started. It's a ladder stitch made with lace yarn, just like the first one I did only in a different color group and with far less boo-boo's. Raine's husband Chris...aka Kissiffer or Christopher if you want to be formal, is modeling the scarf for us. He has a lot of experience modeling...but will he let me, one of his dear friends, view the photos?! NO and I'm not really sure why. I mean if he can make a scarf that I made...that is sooo not couture, and taken by an untrained photographer (Raine) look so fetching...then imagine what the pics the pro took must look like. Good Golly!
Anyway, this is the first scarf I ever made as a gift. Not bad, huh. I'm making one more...then starting a purse.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Netter! Very colorful!

Anonymous said...

So will Christopher model the purse too?

Netter said...

I doubt it, unless there is a very large pay check involved.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Nett!! You did an awesomely spectacular fantasic job on it!!

Darlene said...

way to go, nett! I am so so so jealous. I have to learn to knit this year!

Netter said...

Brandy~ Thanks! Now if I can get good results from the purse I'm going to try. Cross your fingers for me!

Darlene~ I'm sure Kare will teach you over a cup of Coffee. She's teaching her daughter...so ask to join the clinic. Just be aware that knitting needles are deadly when used during a "certain times of the month."

Oh yeah~ Today is your skating lesson...goodie, can't wait to see the helmet bling bling pics!

Anonymous said...

Hello from London Netter! Ithinkthat the modeling pics are stellar but Kissiffer is a bit shy, although...if he gets onmy bad side ever, I will make sure that modeling portfolio makes its internet debut! I love the scarf but I think you should get tags you can sew onto them that say "Handmade with Love by Nett".

Netter said...

RAINE! Hey there! I like the tag idea, Hmmmm, that would be a lovely Birthday present, personalized fabric tags for my work. HINT, HINT! You tell Kissiffer that I really want to see those pictures and I think he doesn't like me because he won't show them to me. sniff, sniff....am I not worthy? WAIT, isn't he usually on your bad side? He sure gets in a lot of trouble, but I guess not any more than any other devoted hubbie.

Anonymous said...

Cool scarf!

Netter said...

Thank you!