Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Must have been lead in that sucker...


I have always loved Christmas ornaments. As far back as I can remember, I have loved them. I loved them so much I tried eating a glass ball. It's true, just ask my Mother, she about had a stroke. I was little..in a walker, if I am remembering the story correctly. I must have strained to get ahold of a ball and probably decided it looked like a good thing to eat or chew on. Mom had turned her back for a second and heard a crunch. Then she got the wonderful job of sticking her finger in my mouth, trying to get all the bulb out. I wasn't cut or anything...LUCKY...but to this day, I like eating crunchy things. Crispy fries, salty crackers, you name it, but none of them taste as wonderful as that Christmas bulb did all those years ago....lol, oh dear Lord, I swear there must have been lead in that sucker or something. That would explain a lot. OK, I hope everyone has a lovely day. I have to go to the friggin mall today. I don't wanna but shopping calls and I want to get my shopping over with.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My middle daughter ate a bulb, too. Sheesh. Just about gave me a heart attack. She likes crunchy things, too... hmmmm.

Good luck shopping. Guess I should do that, too. Have fun. I won't. lol.I mean I will have fun. Positive thinking!

Anonymous said...

I'll go with ya! I love going shopping at the mall!

I have never ate a Christmas bulb! LOL

Netter said...

Kare~ Great minds think alike, I always say....what can I say, your daughter must be brilliant.

Brandy~ I don't mind the malls at home...but out here...GAG, its a nightmare. To many people in one place at one time. Plus I walk really fast because I'm always on a mission and those people that just stop at the top or bottom of the escalators drive me nuts. I find myself, yelling, "Keep it moving people, there are people behind you!" They pay people to do that for a living...I'm not getting paid for it, its just a free service I provide. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to stop walking once you step off the escalator. That is how people get hurt. I don't know where my Christmas spirit has gone...I think the isle hog really got to me yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nett!! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Would love to write...what's your email addy? Wow..eating Christmas ornaments...OUCH.

Anonymous said...

Netter! That's one of my pet peeves, too! Why.. do.. they.. do that????? I get all mall raged up at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Random people stopping on the escalator or in some other totally inappropriate spot just love it love it love it!...and Christmas in NYC is the worst time of the year for that. I am always running smack into people who pause in the MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK or on the corner even though it saysWALK. It reminds me of the movie Hercules when the centaur yells, "Hey, I'm walking here!" When we went to Rome it was bad, too and in fact it's the only Italian word I learned and used repeatedly on the trip was, "Aventi! Aventi!"

Anonymous said...

Did it taste any good?? LOL I used to eat coins. I seemed to prefer pennies over the other cents.

Darlene said...

When my son was a baby in his walker (he's almost 16 now), I caught him by the tree, and when I checked, he had Baby Jesus & a bunch of straw from the manger in his mouth.

Anonymous said...

LOL! New Yorkers are always in a hurry, aren't they? Well, except for the escalator - I guess they are taking a breather. I never tried to eat a Chritmas ball but I do remember eating a dog biscuit - curiostiy got the better of me. Now I can say with authority, dog biscuits do not taste good.