Monday, December 11, 2006

Kanga and baby Rue went home...

So I called the hospital to talk to my Sister last night and they told me she had gone home. Indeed she had. She doesn't like hopsitals anyway, but if I would have talked to her before, I would have told her to stay as long as they would let her. Sure they would have released her Monday anyway but atleast she would have had one more night in the hospital. I spoke to her and she said she should have stayed. She made the mistake of sitting on the sofa and it was a little to low. Dewey had to help her up and the recliners have the same problem. I told her to have Dewey get a folding chair out or something...and she was going to try that. She is stuck at home for a week because she can't drive but I told her if she gets stir crazy, Mom can always come out after work and bring her into town for a while. I love this picture....she was really straining to give Rue her first Mama Kanga kiss because her arm was still attached to the table and I'm sure they were still stitching her up. My Mom, aka Grammy, sent me some pics of the baby during the C-section...like a photo of the babies, head sticking out, before they pulled the rest of her body out. Yeah, I don't do well with stuff like that, but these pictures didn't bother me so much. I'm not going to post those pictures, though I think they are interesting, basically because Kanga would probably kill me...and I'm afraid some of you would loose your lunch, but if I didn't, I doubt anyone else would. It's just nice to hear that Kanga and Rue are doing so well. When the went home, Rue was over 8 pounds. Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww that is the greatest picture! So sweet!!

Glad you didnt post the other ones. Thank you! LOL

Netter said...

lol, I knew people wouldn't want to see it. You know, they really aren't bad, you don't see any blood really, just a goopy baby head. I cna't handle anything gross, especially surgical pics. They make the bones in my legs hurt. I know that sounds strange but I usually can't even talk about or visualize surgeries, it causes me pain. I'm strange.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SHOW ME THOSE OTHER PICTURES!

Netter said...

Not to fear, dear Raine, I know better.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful picture. Mama looks so exhausted and happy, proud, and relieved all at the same time. You should crop the picture to just show Kanga & Roo, put it in a frame, and give it to the baby to put up in her room.

Netter said...

Yeah, i thought about that but that is Dewey holding Rue, so I think I should leave it the way it is...or just cut it down so you just see his hand. I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

Who took the pics of the c section? They would have had to pick me off the floor if I had tried when Reece was born. Rue is going to have the best aunt of the century!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Cute pic!

Rockstar Mom said...

Congratulations Auntie Netters!!

Anonymous said...

Neat picture. You do have to do something special with it. I seen the picture of Rue sticking out of Kanga stomach. It really is not bad. Its kinda neat. You know I have the weakest stomach. It didn't bother me.