Monday, December 11, 2006

Man! I loved these things!

My Aunt Vickie and Uncle John had one of these contraptions. Maybe it was Jeff''s, I don't know. I guess you would call it a perpetual motion device. If you flick your wrist up and down, it would keep the spinning disk moving around and around the wire part. I just thought it was the coolest thing. It's one of those simple little devices that you could mess around with for an hour, and not even realize it. Of course, I'm easily entertained. I also liked those flat see-through plastic things that had colored sand of different weight in it. When you moved it just right it would layer the sand in different patterns. I don't know why but I enjoyed that too. Don't ask me what they are called, I have no clue and I couldn't find a pic online of it. Then there are etch a sketchs....love them....and those games with the metal fillings that you used to move around with a magnet and formed hair on the guy or you could move bull dozers though dirt. They also had mazes with metal balls that you moved with a magnetic rod. I swear, some of the best toys were not complicated. These days, if toys don't take batteries or electric cables, kids think you are nuts.Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

I loved these things too! And I could make it go faster than other kids in the neighborhood but I would keep mine in tact. The other neighborhood kids would send the red round thing flying. But not me. I had great control. I was a very competitive child.

Netter said...

lol. I totally know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I can't believe that you remembered that we had one of these. I probably still have it. It was fun to mess with. I think it was Jeffs.

Netter said...

A container of milk, a stick of butter and a loaf of bread...I remembered, I remembered! LOL, of course I remembered. I have a great memory.