Friday, December 08, 2006

Baby Update 1:50AM EST

OK, OK, don't get excited...I have no new news. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm half tempted to call but what if they are in the midst of delivery and they have to stop the coaching and pushing because of me. LOL, OK, I know they will let the phone go to a message but that will just torque me off to no end, and they know it. Then I will be forced to call over and over again. Yeah, I'm one of those people...ignore me and suffer my wrath.

So, now I am assuming that Tisha has not popped out my niece yet. Sheesh, what's taking so long?! People do it all the time, lickity split, no dilly dally business involved. All I have to say is that if she had that baby and nobody had the sense to call me ASAP...their asses are so deep in doo doo that they will never dig themselves out. I know I have told them many, many, many times that AS SOON as she gives birth and they have the stats, name (just in case the change their mind...but they have one picked out already) weight, length, time, temperature....oops, that last part was part of a bank advertisement. Anyway, They know. I even tried to convince them that I was the first call they should make because everyone else is in the same time zone and I am an hour AHEAD of them. Mom said, "Grandparents get first dibs on calls, so if Dewey wants to call Loretta and Ken, he can." To which I rolled my eyes over the phone with such moxie that I'm sure my Mother heard them swirling in my eye sockets. I quickly told her that first time Aunts who live farther away always trump everyone else. She didn't want to hear that.

You know, it was kind of funny. Early yesterday morning, Dewey called me to let me know that Tisha was in labor and at the hospital. I answered the phone and he said, "How is Rue's favorite Aunt doing?" To which I quickly replied, "Was she born already?!" And he said, "No, but we are at the hospital." Now if you ask me, that is the meanest thing anyone has done to me in ages. I mean, really, you can't toy with a soon to be Aunties emotions like that.

Anyway, so help me GOD, there will be hell to pay if she had that baby already and they decided not to call me because they thought it was to late. If that happens, oh...ohhhhhh...ohhhhh...I will be pissed. I've had my cell phone by me all night waiting and of course I can't sleep because I'm to excited. What are they going to do, lie to me about the babies birthdate and time? I'll discover the truth. I always do! It's now 12:50 AM CST and I have not received a phone call so that better mean we don't have a December 7th baby...nope, it will be a December 8th baby,unless she can hold out for another 24 hours. lol, by that time Tisha will be performing her own C-section.

Celebrity Birthdays Dec. 8th:
Kim Bassinger, 1953
Sammy Davis, Jr., 1925
Terri Hatcher, 1964
Eli Whitney (Inventor) was born in Westboro, Mass., on December 8, 1765

and on a sad note, Death Anniversaries - Dec. 8th:
John Lennon - Musician, former Beatle, died December 8, 1980


The better call soon. It's at times like this that it really sucks being so far away from home and the people you love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see, this is why you should be HOME, then they can't torture you this way!

Netter said...

Don't encourage them Raine.