Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Something funny is going on around here!

I was just outside. I was picking up the back yard which is littered with boat stuff. Life jackets, extra ropes, an oar here and there, its a real mess. Anyway I sat down on the edge of one of the lounge chairs to untangle some rope when out of nowhere this marble drops between my knees, just missing my head, hits the ground and bounces. I looked around, thinking someone was screwing with me but nobody was around. I'm going to assume that a sea gull grabbed the marble thinking it woudl taste good, but dropped it in flight, either in an attempt to open it up or it didn't taste good so he got rid of it. I know I do find oyster shells ,clam shells, crab shell parts scattered around the house, in bushes on the car and patio. The drop them and if they break they eat the goodies inside. I've always said sea gulls were rats with feathers and let me tell you, that little bastard should be thankful he missed me....there would have been hell to pay if I had a bump on my head from a marble. How do you explain that to people. It sounds like one of my Fathers stories. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...interesting story, right up there with the 'ol human eating pigs I'd say...

Netter said...

Pigs will eat anything...I'm sticking by that story too...tis true, my friend, tis true.

Tami said...

Well, I am glad you didn't get beaned with a marble. I'm also glad you are back to blogging - I'm hoping to get back to that myself one day. But not today. Meredith wants to play her "game" now so I must leave. Talk to you later.

Darlene said...

attack by the killer seagull...sounds like the beginning of a very looie horror flick.

Millie said...

Glad it misssed you, but I like the color and design on it... I've heard of raining cats and dogs, but never marble..... lol

King OSirLucas said...

Nett, you are losing yer marbles... but I still Luuuuvvvv UUUU...
hehehe
Laterz
OSirLucas

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were loosing your marbles. I guess this confirms it. Ha Ha. Glad youre safe.