Monday, October 30, 2006

Have you ever noticed....

Airport carpet is ugly. I don't care what airport you visit...their carpet is just the pits. Sure I know they put stuff down that is supposed to wear well and hid dirt, but come on! This is a picture of the carpet at the airport in Minneapolis. I was extremely tired and was staring at this wreck while I was waiting for my connecting flight to Omaha. I kept looking at it and thinking about how friggin ugly it was so I had to snap a picture to share it with the world. I figure if I was forced to look at this stuff...everyone else should suffer too. I was laughing at LaGuardia when I left New York. A guy was vacuuming the floor with a vacuum from the 70's. I swear my Mom had one just like it but in a different color. I was trying to figure out why he was even bothering, because it wasn't picking up any dirt. It couldn't have, because it wasn't even picking up the tiny bits of paper that looked like it came off of a spiral notebook paper. It was just making a lot of noise, trying to sound impressive. At 5AM, that kind of thing is annoying. I would have taken a picture but I was afraid in my state of mind I would have hurled the camera at the guy and told him he'd get more off that floor by licking it with his tongue. Hey, it was early and I had 3 hours sleep. What do you expect.Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is very depressing carpet. I feel for you, I do. lol

Desperate Housewife said...

You should see the carpet where I work. I should post a picture of it sometime.

Netter said...

Oh yeah, I can see an ugly carpet contest coming our way.

Kimberly said...

I was at the doctor's office last week and was thinking the same thing about their carpet. Sometimes, when I get bored waiting for it to be my turn, I stare at the carpet and try to find shapes, faces, animals, etc in the carpet...kinda like people do with clouds - lol. I am a freak, I know ;)