Thursday, October 19, 2006

Guess what I purchased today!?

Yes, Christmas is looming on the horizon... that is why I purchased my airline ticket home for the holidays. Yep, I dropped $437.12 on a ticket to visit the nut jobs in good old Nebraskie, aka FAMILY and FRIENDS. They would have you believe that I'm the one that drove them looney, but I'm here to tell you that I'm the only thing keeping them sane. I know, who'da thunk it! Anywhozits, It wouldn't matter if the ticket cost me a grand, I have to go home this year. I'm going to be an Auntie anywhere around Dec 4th...perhaps before, perhaps later. I'm hoping my sister crosses her legs and keeps that bun in the oven until I fly in on the 22nd of December. LOL, I think she will not be granting me my wish and I dare say, I don't blame her.
So, I have started my Christmas shopping because I want to have everything sent home before I fly in. I also need to figure out what day we are having the Kaster Christmas and where. Aunt Linda had mentioned an interest in hosting it this year. If not, Mom said she would have it on Christmas Eve (Sunday)because Tisha, baby and Dewey have to go to his Grandparents on Christmas Day. I told Mom they can go but the have to leave that baby with Auntie Nett. Mom said I have to share and that they have to see the baby too. RIGHT! Well, my feeling is that I have to fly in and won't get to see the baby in quite some time. They can put their butts in their car and drive down to see the baby so I one-up them. I win. End of story.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your moms right you got to share. So I should get the baby so that I can practice on being Grandma. Maybe We can decide were to have Christmas during the shower. I would have it but everone won't come to Lincoln.

Unknown said...

You are soo lucky to be able to see your family for the holidays. I cant remember the last time I was with my brothers and sisters and everything. Its been at least 17 years or more..

Netter said...

Brandy~ 17 years! Goodness, what are you waiting for?! Call everyone up and have them meet at your house for the holidays.

Vickie~ You don't have to practice being a Grandma, silly goose. Just roll up your sleeves and jump in. You've been a great Aunt, so I'm sure you will be a wonderful Grandma. Now stop trying to worm in on my Neice...lol, I don't care, I don't want to share.

Unknown said...

Hey Nett.. It is not that easy with my family. Besides I dont even know where half of them are at. Oh well I have my hubby and kids and that is all that matters to me. Long story with my family.. Maybe sometime I will share some of it on my blog.. Have a good nite!!

Netter said...

Brandy~ Oh my goodness...sounds like an interesting story waiting to be told. I'm sorry to hear about the division but maybe its time to try to reconnect with everyone, then again, family stuff is never easy.

Anonymous said...

I know you'll have such a great time with that Baby! (Such a great time I fear that we here in NY may lose you to Neb...which is fair I guess...)

Anonymous said...

Oh fun! It's always great to go home for the holidays.