Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm starting to freak out...

I've got a friend in Nebraska who lives in the western part of the state. She's like 8 hours away from where I grew up. Anyway, she has a history of health problems and we are talking some serious issues. Well, I have sent her numerous emails at work and home and have not gotten a response. I finally broke down and called her office a couple of weeks ago and there was a message on it that she would be back in the office on August something. I was going to leave a message but the mailbox was full. So, I thought, maybe she is just traveling and hasn't changed it yet. Then I waited several weeks and called again. Same message. I dug out her cell phone number and I left a message for her, telling her to call me...that I was worried about her. No response. So, this means I'm going to have to call her Mother. I'm thinking she is probably in the hospital again....its happened many times and she never lets me know what is going on. It drives me nuts. I'm going to email one of her other friends first...then I'm calling her Mother. Somethings going on....and I don't think its a good thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she doesn't mean to leave you out of the loop. I know when I get overwhelmed, I shut everyone out, not intentionally. I hope you hear something from her or someone she knows. Keep us updated on your friend... I hope she's okay!!

Netter said...

Oh, i know she didn't do it on purpose, you know how it is when you are sick. I just know that I need to keep tabs on her. Her friend emailed me back and said she will fill me in on Steph. She's going to call me later.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! That is distressing! I hope your friend is well and just recuperating.

Unknown said...

I hope all is ok with your friend!!

Darlene said...

Oh wow - okay, first things first....try not to worry until you are actually given something to worry about. I know that's easier said than done...Is there any way to get ahold of someone else in her office? I'll say a prayer that everything is okay.

Anonymous said...

I hope she'll be alright!

Netter said...

Thanks guys...I really tried not to worry, but I know her track record. That alone is enough to freak a person out.