Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I was right....I just knew it!


Well, I had a gut feeling and once again I was right to be worried. I spoke to on of her other friends, who told me that Stephie had contracted spinal meningitis in mid August. She has been in the hospital for quite sometime and is now home, learning to walk again. I'm assuming that I tried to call her the other day when she was at the hospital having another MRI. She's never been great about returning calls anyway. I just got a hold of her a little bit ago, and couldn't talk long because I woke her up from a nap, so I let her go and will call again later.

You know, by now, I know that if Steph disappears off the face of the earth, its not a good thing. That is when I have to start calling everyone she knows to see what the deal is. I swear, that girl has more bad luck when it comes to her health than anyone I know. My sister gives her a run for the gold, but Steph takes the prize every time. I'll keep you posted, say a prayer for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. :( So sorry about your friend.

I know how you feel, though. I had a friend who was battling cancer but I lost touch with him. And it seems everyone else did, too, because he was sleeping most of the time and never had opportunities to communicate with anyone. Bums me out.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope your friend gets well soon. Poor thing! I had a friend in school that had terrible health too. You name it, she had it! Makes me want to stop complaining about my aches and pains.