Monday, September 18, 2006

The diaper wreath is a work in progress....

I posted a picture of my diaper wreath for Tisha's shower on my craft site. Keep in mind its a work in progress. I think I need to add some more color to it. It just isn't balanced yet. Give me time...give me time, the Queen of OVER KILL, will have it packed in no time at all. I've come up with several fun things to do for the shower. Luckily, I can talk about some of it because Tisha never checks my site. Though she might because she is going to create some baby registries online...so I better keep my mouth shut. DANG.

Ok, I have had a diet Pepsi and the caffeine has not kicked in. I may have to toss back a second one...I'm dragging here. I've got a bunch of stuff to do and no energy to do it with. I was thinking about writing out the invitations for the shower but I'm to tired and will make mistakes. The envelopes are done, except for one address that I need to get. I'm working on the directions and misc info that I need to enclose. All that fun stuff. I suckered Aunt Vickie into being the RSVP call person.....hehehe...but it makes sense, Deanna's answering machine is off or full half the time, I never receive my messages half the time...coughcliffcough...and it drives me crazy. Things are moving right along.

I created a list of projects that I want to get done before Christmas. Holy cow it is a long list....so I think I will have to revise my thinking. I do want to make a special tree skirt for Tisha though. It starts out kind of plain but each year you trace the childs hand and then embroider around it with the date on the palm. I think I want to start with Tisha and Dewey's hands together so the form a heart with their pointer fingers and thumbs, then I can put the babies hand inside of the "heart." I don't know, I think it sounded cute. Speaking of my sister....she has her sonogram today and we will find out if the baby is a girl or not...well, atleast 100% know, instead of the 90% the doctor gave the ultra sound. I know its a girl...I have from the very beginning. However, even if we are wrong....I can always take the girlie stuff off of the wreath and slap some blue stuff on there. I've thought it out already. Plus, Marla is preggers and Crystal is working on it...so odds are that they might have a girl too. Either way, It's all good.

I'm off...things to do....later gators!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My puter's been acting goofy lately and I couldn't get your craft site to load so I never saw the diaper wreath, darnit. It sounds so interesting! You sound super busy!!

Netter said...

Awww...shoot. Maybe it will work later.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a sucker but I don't mind. I Think the tree skirt sounds neat. Where do you get all of your ideals. I know you didn't inherit it from your Aunt Vickie.

Netter said...

LOL...my ideals...well, my Mom did teach me to think for my self...but I think you meant IDEAS. Lets face it, I'm a crafty person and if I see something, hear something....it rattles around in my brain until I can use it. Sometimes I combine things to create something new. The old brain is always churning...believe it or not. lol

Desperate Housewife said...

Oh my God, the wreath is adorable! My sister in law just had a baby a month or so ago, and it would have been so perfect!

Darlene said...

that diaper wreath is amazing! What an absolutely great idea for a shower!!! You'll have to post directions as to how to make it - I've got a few poeple with babies on the way & I'll love to do that for a project....as well, I'm craft challenged, so make the instructions VERY detailed...;o)

Netter said...

Thanks DH and Darlene! It's a work in progress. Darlene. I will leave a comment on your site when I post the directions on my craft site. It's soooo easy though. You will have no issues.

Anonymous said...

Aww, cute diaper wreath! Very clever!

Rockstar Mom said...

Love the diaper wreath idea. And if it's okay, I just might make one for my friend who is due on Oct. 26....

Netter said...

Marianne~ go for it. It's easy and fun. I'm sure you saw the directions on my craft site but its so easy, you probably wont need directions....wing it.