Friday, September 15, 2006

Have you wondered where I have been?


It's a very rare event for me to go almost an entire week without posting on my blog. Even if nothing is going on, I still find something to blab about. Well, I have been busy planning a baby shower. The date is set for Oct 28th...my ticket to Nebraska is purchased, the HUGE guest list is in order, the envelopes addresses and now I'm just waiting on a few things before I continue with the actual invitation and set the details in gold. I've picked out a few party supplies and have placed the order. We know who will make the cake, we have a rough idea of the food we will serve, ect, ect. I even have a couple of shower games that should be fun. If anyone has any unusual ideas pass them my way. I don't want to give to much away, since quite a few of my readers are family and will be invited. A girl has to have her secrets.

On the home front... I'm busy trying to get somewhere with the issues we have with the house. We have a major structural issue that we need to resolve. It's a headache..it really is. So I had two guys say they won't touch a job like this but they passed me on to someone that can handle it and does excellent work. He in turn gave me the name of a draftsman that works with an architect who will need to draw up the plans for the CORRECT way to resolve the issues before the wall drops anymore. YEAH....lovely. Anyway, I put in my calls for the day and had all but one returned. Not bad...not bad at all.

I received a package in the mail yesterday from my friend Raine. She sent me a bunch of goodies and my watch! Then my friend Lorie from CT called and she is coming down tomorrow to hang out. I'm hoping I can talk her into going shopping for a few things that I need for a new project. I've always got a few things going at once. I also finished two sets of Christmas ornaments. I wish I could post them but I can't.....not until after Christmas. Dang! I just used stuff that I already have around the house. I'm determined to use up supplies before I invest in more. Stop laughing...I'm serious! Yeah, yeah, I know, I know.....but atleast I'm giving it a try. I'll have lots of time to work on things because I'm not spending any money for the next few weeks. Between, party stuff, flights, and my new digital camera that I ordered...I've decided to build up my cash stock pile before having to much fun. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll have fun doing crafts at home and reading my latest bloggers book club selection. I have tons to do.

Well, enough of this. I'm off to get some things done before Sam gets home. I have to make two huge batches of
Sue's Meatballs for Sams band night at 5:30 at the school. It was his request...so you know the kid loves those meatballs. I also want to get some more laundry done. Toodles! I'll be posting more...I really will. Atleast you know I'm not dead yet.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Ooh, baby showers can be fun! Sounds like this one is going to be big!
So, your house is falling down??? Lets hope the bag bad wolf doesn't huff & puff his way around your house :o)
I've made those meatballs before & they really are a hit. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I have a Montana postcard. I will send it when I get a chance.

You could play a few games I planned for my sister in laws shower. Take tp and people pull off as much as they think it will take to go around her tummy, the closest gets a small prize. Or you could play a game that requires memory, take a platter and arange baby stuff all over it. Random things pile them up. Keep a list (secret of course) you take it around the table, people have a 2 min time limit, and CAN'T touch the items. The person with the closest amount right wins!! Make them be specific. Baby shampoo not a bottle of soap, ya know?

Have fun. Get me on messenger or have Cindy give you my number. I have a lot of ideas!!

Mandy

Unknown said...

Sounds like you will be busy!! Missed reading your blog!! Have a great weekend and take care!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, my favorite blogger is back! I really was getting worried. lol

Oh man, I really need to get my butt over to the blogger book club! Sometimes I need some gentle reminders. :) I get to focusing on something and I tend to forget about everything else.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you'd been! Clearly you've been quite busy. There's also the clothespin game where everyone gets a clothespin that they put on their clothes. Then throughout the party, you can't cross your legs or arms or someone that notices can take your clothespin. The person with the most clothespins at game time wins.

I'm glad the meatballs are a big hit! I haven't made them all summer, I need to make a batch soon.:o)

Kimberly said...

Oh goodness - baby showers are sooooo much fun. One of my favorite games is to try to find the most saftey pins in a bowl of rice (uncooked of course - hehe) - And decorations....lordie! I am always the decoration queen at my coworkers' baby showers - lol. A cute idea is to make mini candy bar wrappers with some cute graphics and the name of the person being showered, the date of the shower and baby's gender (if known). It makes for a cute scrapbook item :) And they are so easy to make!