Friday, August 25, 2006

We lost a friend...


I got a message from my friend Raine today letting me know that T.R.E, aka Tooches passed away last night. Tooches was 20 years old, and that equals out to 96 in human years. He lived a long life and thanks to Raine a happy life filled with lots of love. I'm not sure who was more blessed, Tooches by being adopted by Raine as a kitten, or Raine being accepted as Tooches faithful servant. There was a lot of love and laughter there folks...a lot. Tooches was the King of Hearts in my book. He stole mine the first time he gave me a love bite when I was petting him. He loved to share my pillow...well, if by share you mean steal the whole thing. He could smell a piece of pot roast from a mile away and would sit patiently waiting for a little piece to be handed his way. If you pet him just right and spoiled him with love he would drool from the excitement, while his motor ran a mile a minute. He was wise beyond his years and could always pick out the best pillow or blanket to take his naps on and he always welcomed a fellow napper to his side. I think some of my best naps as an adult were with Tooches, while I was kitty sitting.
I'm glad I got to know him. I'm proud that he allowed me to share his sofa, and to wait on him hand and foot, spoiling him with treats and peacock feathers. He was a faithful friend and I loved him dearly. You know, you could say that he is in a far better place now...in Heaven, but what you need to understand is that Tooches was already in heaven....he was with his Raine. What better heaven could a cat wish for, than to be loved and cherished by Raine and Christopher....it can't get any better than that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to them. Their cat was well loved. My 18 year old cat says that is the best.

Unknown said...

I am soo sorry. My heart goes out to them. I dont know what I would do if I lost Rascal or Pumpkin... Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so sad! It's a shame when we lose our beloved pets. I'm still sad about the kitty I lost in 2001. She was the best cat I ever had but she was 15. 20 is amazing! I'm sure the kitty had a great life and gave much joy. That is something to celebrate.

Netter said...

You know, I really REALLY loved that big grey bear of a cat. He was a real gem!

Chelie said...

I'm sorry she lost him, we've had a lot of cats...it's hard to see them go

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about raines cat . I know how hard it is. Ours was 18. You get so atched to them.