Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Project #1 of 3

I've been working hard stripping the desk. I am gettting down to the wood now. It's exciting. I can't wait until I am to the point where I can sand. Who knew that such a cute little desk could have so many layers of paint. Blah! You know, you have to be so careful with that stripping gel. You get even a little drop on you and you feel the burn and not in a good way. I took a brake to work on some of my other projects and in between that I have been working on lunch. I'm making Sue's Meatballs...a favorite around here and Amy's Sour Cream Potatoes......delish! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to eat at your house. That sounds so good. I have know ideal what we are having. I had to go into work to day to get things all cleaned up. I could have went longer with out seeing so of the B's . All they do is complain. The desl is going to look nice. If you can't find a place to use it . I will. Around here everthing people throw away it needs to be.

Netter said...

Come on over and get your grub! It's going in the fridge soon.

Let me tell you, this desk looked like it needed to be thrown away. It was a peeled mess but it was solid. I think it will look really cute when I am done with it. I'm thinking I can't stain it though because it looks like the fronts of the drawers were made of a different wood. When I got down to the original paint, it looked like a dark grey with a robins egg blue underneath. It had teal detail lines on it and a flower pattern painted on the center of the drawers. It had to go. I just love projects...keeps me out of trouble.

When do you start to work for the school year?

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try the potatoes with the meatballs. However, it's going to have to wait for another night. Today is Wednesday and Wednesday is Chipotle Burrito night!!

Netter said...

You know, I made your Meatballs with the brown sugar Splenda and it was just as good as the real thing. Good to know, huh. The taters are yummy.