Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ever hear of this company?

I found a decal inside the drawer of the desk I am working on. I did a google search but can't find anything on the W.A. Hathaway Company. I sure get a lot of hits for Berkshire Hathaway though....annoying. I think the next time I am in the City, goofing around, I'm going to walk pass 51 West 45th Street and see what kind of building is there now. I do know that the company made acatalog guide of Colonial furniture in 1922....I could buy it on ebay...and that a women named Dorothy Ross worked for the company in 1950...but that is all I know about it. I may have to change up my search tactics. It's not really that important and I don't think the desk is worth anything...I'm just a curious person.

4 comments:

Kissiffer said...

Hmmm. Is it part of the Louis XVI suite? A particularly charming collection of early 20th century furniture from the W.A Hathaway Company.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, sounds like you have an antique there. Good luck on your search. Checking out the building should be interesting.

Netter said...

Kissiffer...lol, you nut.

Sue, its just my little old, along the street the night before garbage pick-up. but its till fun to find out where it came from.

Millie said...

Lug it to the Antique Road Show when it is in the NY area.. they will dig up the info you want.. the only Hathaway, I can think of is Jane from the Beverly Hillbillies...LOL Yeah, Vic is right, around here, if it's by the street for the trash, it definitely is trash..or else it is garage saled if it is halfway decent..... Money doesn't flow quite as readily around this part of the country..