Sunday, June 11, 2006

I found a slice of Heaven at a place called Lou's

Oh, people, people, people....I had to share this...I had to shout it from roof tops. If you are ever near Hanover New Hampshire, home to Dartmouth College, you must drive down Main Street in search of a place called Lou's. Why?! I'll tell you friggin' why! I found a slice of heaven and it made its way from my plate to my tummy, pretty darn quick! Yes, the photo shows a half eaten plate of Lou's Crueller French toast. It's glazed cruellers dipped in seasoned egg batter, grilled to a golden brown perfection and lightly dusted with powdered sugar. It could be yours for the $6.25...make sure you request the real maple syrup that Lou's has bottled for them in the cute little bottles you see in the upper right hand corner. It's the good stuff! Sure, it sounds way to sweet....but its not, atleast I didn't go into a sugar shock.

Lou's Restaurant and Bakery "A Tradition Since 1947" is located @ 30 South Main Street, you can't miss it. It's a small little cafe and a local favorite, so be prepared to wait in line...but its worth it....OH, SO WORTH IT! Seriously, this is one of those dishes that I wish I had discovered before Chris graduated. I will tell you this...I'm planning a road trip back up there. Is 6 hours really to long a drive, for something sooo yummy? I think not....even with gas at $3.00 a gallon. It's WORTH IT...how many times do I have to say it! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Lou seems to have cornered the market on all things yummy for breakfast. Mmmm!

Netter said...

I know, isn't that a hoot! I read your post and started laughing....good old Lou!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you bought some of Lou's syrup at least...to have next time you make yer famous waffles!

Netter said...

Oh crap....I'm in trouble now...I knew it. I told Jean I should see if they sell their syrup, for you.

Anonymous said...

This is just confirmation that you don't love me...I would have bought some for you and even is they did not sell it--I would have made Kissiffer stick a bottle down his pants to take home!

Netter said...

OMG...please tell me that you didn't make him stick any of the food products you have given me over the years down his pants. PLEASE! It wasn't the syrup that was so wonderful anyway...it was the french toast.

Anonymous said...

Nope, nothing we've ever given to you but a Beer glass or two...oh I've no doubt the F.T. was so wonderful but syrup really is an important component.