Monday, April 24, 2006

Where the heck are my CF cards!


I'm BACK from good old Nebraska! My CF cards for my digital camera did not make it back to NY however. The only pictures I have right now are the ones in my camera. I find this extremely annoying. I have some good pictures on those missing cards. I have no idea why they are not in my camera case...but I have a slight memory of taking them out. Figures!

So, I am so glad I didn't do any major cleaning before I left....because things are trashed around here. I took out the garbage before I left on Wens night and there were three bags in the garage that stunk....is it so hard to drop a bag by the curb before you leave the house? Guess so. Oh and my hydrangea are basically shot....I don't think they were watered until late in the week and last night they were dry when I got home. I knew I should have taken them to Jeans but Sam talked me into leaving them. That is my fault.

I had a great time at home. I did some fun stuff with friends and family, pestered a lot of people who love every minute of it, despite what they say...lol, well, its true. The closest tornado was on a Sterling farm where it did some property damage, but one took house near Beatrice...and a Wymore farm was hit pretty bad too. The mushrooms didn't pop while I was home....DANG IT...the weather wasn't quite right for them. Dad did find 3 tiny ones but that isn't enough to wet your chompers.

I ate lunch at my old school with my little cousin Skeeter. Corndogs....yummy....and they have an ice cream machine there. Can you believe that! They never had that stuff when I was a kid. They also painted over the murals in the lunchroom.....for shame, for shame. I don't see a lot of good changes at that school. After eating, hitting the playground, and walking Skeeter and her friends back to her classroom, I stopped by my Mothers room for their lunch break and chatted with Mom, Betty, Rebecca and Missy. After that I went to visit Aunt Linda and Noel...then Shannon came home and we gabbed for a little bit....then I went home and helped Mom with some things. I sure kept busy, that is for sure. I didn't get to see quite a few people though...next trip.

I went to see Grandma Slater and I'm pretty sure she had no idea who the hell I was. She knew I sent her that big card...but I'm not sure she put it together that I was the Annette that she was talking about. I guess it was just a bad day.

We found out that Uncle Richard is alive after all. He's in Oregon right now and Mom had to send him his birth certificate. He's such a dumb ass....seriously, disappearing for so many years and worrying Grandma like that. Sheesh!

I transplanted a lot of flowers while I was home. We dug up some stuff at the old house and planted them at the new one. We bought some fun plants, and we put together some pretty potted displays. Moms flower chair turned out pretty cute but it wasn't blooming yet so I don't think I took a picture of it. If I make it home in July I have to work on flower beds in the front of the house. I'm pretty excited by that. I spent a hefty amount of time yelling at Pops because he was to lazy to get off the mower and move his truck, so he just squeezed around it and mowed off the iris plants that were coming up. He drives me nuts sometimes.

Tisha overslept the day that she was supposed to pick me up at 8:30 AM and I was at the house without a car. I called her cell phone a million times and filled up her voicebox but she was sleeping so soundly that she didn't hear the phone. I walked up to pick up the Tecumseh Alumni cookbooks for Vickie and when I got back she still had not been by. I ended up walking to Deannas and borrowing her van, driving out in the country to Tisha's...and waking her ass up. I pounded on the outside door, the bedroom door and then I just waked in an yelled her name, scared the crap out of her but it was already 10:30. She was just really tired.

I have to go flip some laundry now...toodles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your family still own the old house or did you sneak the plants off the property in the night?!

Sounds like you had a great time visiting home. Did you get my postcard?

Netter said...

I had a great time....but not to fear, the CF cards were recovered and I will be posting them soon.