Sunday, April 30, 2006

To answer one of Denise's questions...

When I was a kid there was an amazing candy bar called the Marathon. It was made by Mars and came in a bright red wrapper and was almost ten inches long (the candy was only 8 inches). Inside was a braid of firm caramel covered in chocolate.
It was the most glorious candy ever manufactured. Period, end of the story. There is even a guy that loved it as much as me and he is calling for other fans to voice their opinion on the matter, in hopes of the company issuing it again.
I used to insist on bringing that candy bar as my special birthday treat for my classmates at school. It is my favorite....EVER.
In the mean time, you can settle for the English version of the Marathon bar...the Curley Whirly. My wonderful friend Raine was the person that pointed them out to me and she is my supplier. Her husband is English so she can pick them up when they visit his family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

theres a place on the internet where you can get candy that you cant get in stores.she got a box of chick o sticks. whuch i hadnt seen for a long time. ask denise where she got them.

Netter said...

Thanks Louise...I actually googled curly Whirlies and there are numouous sites that have them...BUT then I would eat all of them. I have zero control with those suckers...they are like me and Pop's popcorn balls.

denise said...

damn man i see what u mean that looks goooooood lol thanks for the info

denise said...

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/enter.htm this is a good site nett it has candy from all the decades lol

Netter said...

Yummy beef jerky and pepperoni....yeah that's good stuff. When I was younger, my idea of a perfect day was cruising with the radio blasting, eating beef jerky and drinking Dr Pepper. Yummy!