Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Famous last words...."boys are yucky"


Little Cousin Skeeter (the girl with the glasses) invited me to have lunch with her at school last Friday. How could I say no. Anyway, I discovered a few things. #1) The murals in the lunch room have been painted over. Pisses me off. #2) They use the same lunch trays they had when I was a student there...like a million years ago. #3) The corndogs were good but the mixed veggies still suck. #4) They now have a soft serve ice cream machine and for 50 cents you can have an ice cream cone after you are done with your lunch. WE never had that....Sheesh! Oh and Skeeter treated me to a cone. Wasn't that nice! #5) Skeeter also told me that she didn't like boys and that they were yucky. Well, well, well, for not liking boys she sure did chase them all over the playground. That is her with the sweatshirt tied around her waste...holding on to the yucky boys....uh huh, right....I don't buy it.

Oh and #6)The playground is completely different too. They took out the sledding hill....WHAT THE?! I actually knew they did that but I found it so sad. #7) Mrs Kage is still a playground attendent but now her Grandchildren running around it. Anyway, I took some fun photos of the kids. #8)Her classmates remembered me from our Flat Stanley days. I sent a ton of gifts and treats when I had Flat Stanley visiting me in NY. That has been a couple of years. I guess I am famous now. After walking back up to the building with the kids and up to the classroom....Skeeter wanted me to...I strolled over to Moms room. I sat around and chatted it up with Mom, Betty, Rebecca and Missy while they ate their lunch. Then I checked back out of the school, turned in the pass and scooted off to Aunt Linda's. We talked for quite a while and then Shannon came home.
Yep, and Cousin Shannon was in a great mood too. Well, it was the weekend and she only had 5 days of school left until she was out until graduation. I kept taking pictures of her and she was getting mad at me but I did get a few really nice shots. She's a pretty girl. I have to admit that I love that her hair is a little lighter now and closer to her real hair color. Why would anyone cover up their red hair! I ended up buying her some Subway because she kept complaining she was hungry. It was really nice spending some time with her. Once she joins the Air Force in August, that won't be such an easy task.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my son was in grade school, the girls told him that even though he was a boy, he was okay. haha! Now that he's a teen ager the girls still like him but he thinks most of them are "silly".

Netter said...

Skeeter will be ten in September. She is a real nut....fell off the old family tree.

If I were you I would hope the girls don't like boys until they graduate from college....then they can like them as much as their little hearts wish...lol.

Sue- Your Son has it right...most girls that age are silly. That was a cute story though.

Cindy said...

Wait until she get older and wants to date men who wear eyeliner.

Netter said...

Skeeter isn't going to be into girlie guys like Dani....lol, good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

Whats this about Dani and the girlie boys

Netter said...

Danielle likes guys that wear eyeliner and makeup....but then again she also has the hots for Don Vito from the MTV show, Viva La Bam. Google that and see what you end up with...scary!