Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Why didn't I watch this show?


Katie had rented several of the Arrested Development DVDs from Blockbuster. She told me I had to watch them when I told her I had never heard of it. What! Was I locked in a closet somewhere? Nope, in fact it turned out that I had actually watched 5 minutes of one of the shows from last season but I had no idea what the hell was going on so I turned the channel. It turns out that all I really needed was a quick lesson in who the characters were and what their relationship to each other was. Then it all started to make sense. It was really quite campy and very well written. I must say, I am now a fan. Sure, sure, just when it is going off the air, I decide I like it. Dang it! Well, I guess that is OK, since really there is only so much time I can spend watching TV.

Anyway, check out the show if you have never watched it....but start from the beginning because the show builds on itself.
Oh and here is Michael Bluth's family recipe for the family Banana stand which is one of the only parts of their business empire that was running legally while his Father was in charge. He is in prison now....or he was but he broke out and...its complicated:

Frozen Banana Ingredients:
3 bananas
Ice-cream sticks
2 chocolate bars weighing about 1 1/2 ounces each

Directions:
Cut the bananas in half, and push an ice-cream stick through the cut end of each half. Cover them in plastic wrap and freeze for about 3 hours.
After the bananas are frozen, place some chocolate bars in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on High for about 2 minutes. Make sure it is microwave safe, Michaels son George Michael had an incident.
Check after one minute. Stir in the nuts, cereal, or coconut. Using a butter knife, spread the chocolate mixture over the frozen banana to coat them completely. Rest the pops on a plate covered with waxed paper and freeze until ready to serve.


You can have one of these bad boys while you watch the show. Check out the link for show details.

5 comments:

Netter said...

I know what you mean. I use to watch friends and now the only other sitcome that I watch is The Office. I have way to many other shows that I watch but I did get a surprise enjoyment out of this show.

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the show, but do know about the bananas.. Seems way back in the 60's our pep club use to make these and sell them after school to raise money.. They didn't put the nuts, etc on them, but they went FAST and if you didn't beat it to the stand the minute the last bell rang, you were out of luck.. If you remember Netter, we made some of these when you were in school, also without the extra nuts, etc??? They are yummy!!!

Chelie said...

I watched this show for a while, and then every once in a while when Mike was home...it's hilarous.

Netter said...

Mom, yeah, I remember, they were very good.

Tami said...

This is a show? I thought it was a movie. Now I'm really confused.