Thursday, October 27, 2005

Old School Video Games...they're back!


Ok, shoot me now and put me out of the pain I am going to cause myself. They are re-releasing the old Atari 2600 like I...I mean, like WE had (It was a joint Christmas gift).....yeah, joy sticks and all. Was the first time not enough, do I really need to cause my carpal tunnel to flair up again? The answer to that, my friends, is hellz yah! From what I gather, the new set will have all of the games loaded into it already so you don't have to buy them each individually. That's good. Actually, I think that we still have the original at my parents house...unless MOM threw it out. One of the joy sticks was shot. It only worked part of the time so you could only play single person games. Tisha had the all time high score in Frogger and one of the PacMan levels. I had the all time high score on Burger Time and level 3 of PacMan. If I remember correctly, Dad was pretty good at Donkey Kong but Mom sucked at just about every game. LOL! There was no saving games on the original version, remember that? You shut off that system and you were out of luck. You played until your hands were numb. I think you could pause the game for a little while but you had heard that it burnt up your system so you were afraid to do it for long. You had to scarf down your dinner and get back to the game before your Mom decided that she had heard enough of that annoying music.
Ah, good times! Screw PlayStation and Xbox....they have nothing on old school video games!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

pacman was the best game ever

Netter said...

It was fun, wasn't it.

Anonymous said...

I liked that Duck Hunting game, but youhad to have the gun attachment for that...although I do love our PS2 and the Grand Theft Auto games...

Netter said...

I have never played Grand Theif Auto...but I must tell you that I get sick if I play ebox too long. Its the motion of the screen. Is that A sign that I am old?

denise said...

oh i dont think i could love without my PS2 but i do miss the atari i remember playing it god that was the best part of childhood lol

Kimberly said...

Holy hell! I loved Atari ... I was Donkey Kong Queen, I tell you! Queen!

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't throw it out, but I wish I could figure out how to fix or convert it to hook up to the newer tv's. I mean those little u-shaped things that you had to screw to the old antenna hook-ups just doesn't work on cable ready tv's. And maybe I did suck at the games, but it was fun trying. So you kids made fun of me a lot! oh, well, such is life!!!

Netter said...

Yeah, you sucked...but we still loved you. Oh and for the record..you are very good at that Nintendo Donkey Kong and Didi Kong game and I suck at it until I have played if for 10 hours straight.