Sunday, September 18, 2005

My view on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...new vs old

OK, OK, I have to admit that I still prefer the old C. and the C.F. I really like Johnny Depp as Willy and I didn't hate the movie although I did find myself feeling a little tired part way through. I can't help it, I'm just OLD SCHOOL when it comes to remakes. For example....new vs old....The Parent Trap. Duh, the original with Mills...not the new with Lohan. Call me old if you must but I just don't like remakes. I have it when they take a classic song and give it a new spin. No, no, no...people, don' t ruin the good stuf for petes sake...just use your brain and come up with something original. Stop messing with the classics. Ok, enough bitching...its time to go flip some laundry.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I like some of the remakes. I loved the new spin on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We got to find out why Willy Wonka was so weird. Plus it is closer to the book.

Netter said...

Yeah...I did like that it was closer to the book...BUT I hated the Oompa Loompas. I couldn't understand a damn thing the were saying...it was annoying. I can't help it. I'm glad we found out why Willy was so strange...but honestly I was not overly impressed.

Chelie said...

I loved both movies. :D

King OSirLucas said...

"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" kicked ass. Johnny Depp is awesome as always. Ever since I saw him in "Cry Baby"

I guess the saved money on the Oompa Loompas by using the same actor for ALL of those little twerps. :)

Anna Pet said...

I loved the original and I have read the book more times than I can remember...But in the NEW one it is Johnny Depp and the boy who played Charlie...so adorable. I felt that the second movie didn't focus enough on Charlie though, but it is Scrumptious JOHNNY DEPP!!!!! YUM