Sunday, September 18, 2005

Guess what I did today for the very first time EVER....I went to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls. Yes indeed. sure I sucked but I did hit a few really nice balls to the 150 sign. Hey.....not bad for never swinging a golf club before. I think I am going to start trying to go out once and a while and hit a few balls. If I ever get any good...perhaps I will try hitting the greens. I still don't know diddle squat about golfing...but I do know the jest of how to hold the club and swing it correctly. Not that I actually do it right all the time...but it is a learning process. Jim looked so happy watching both Jean and I swinging away at those damn golf balls. Awww...its the little things in life.

5 comments:

King OSirLucas said...

congrats.......... I have spent some time golfing. Did you get down the shape of your arms and shoulders into the shape of a long triangle? It was a nifty little trick that I learned to improve my drive... not that I play golf much... rarely.

Anonymous said...

I used to go to the driving range with John sometimes - that is kind of fun. He still has delusions that one day I will just wake up and be dying to go golfing with him. I keep telling him that right now Hayden wants to play every sport and to take him. Hayden wants to golf, bowl, play tennis, hockey, football, soccer, gymnastics. Meredith likes to watch bull riding but I'm hoping that will stay a spectator thing.

Netter said...

Meredith is going to be the wild one isn't she. Hayden likes sports huh. What should I get him for his birthday then? I decided against the Lite Brite because of all the tiny pegs and the little ones running around. Let me know what he would like.

Anonymous said...

You probably are better than me. James makes fun of me because I lift my foot all the time. I don't do bad at Driving but I can't put worth shit.

Netter said...

Denise! I'm sure you are better than me. I've only done it once andd you know what they say about practice....it makes perfect.