Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Doctor is in.

I was sitting downstairs debating which book I should start reading when I hear Cliff ask someone where I am. It was either Sam or Pierre. I think to myself, "Oh crap, what now!" So, here comes Cliff limping along, looking happy to see me. He sticks his foot up on the desk and asks me if I have a straight needle. It seems that he had a splinter in his toe. Not just some little splinter either, it was huge. He thought he had stubbed his toe when he went out for a swim off the dock earlier. He hadn't really looked at it all day and he has been limping all evening because it hurt but once he tried to go to sleep it started throbbing. Hence the visit to Doctor Nett. I got out the needle and the tweezers. We got the sucker out but not before Cliff asked if we had anything to numb it. Sorry, I'm all out of morphine....what do I look like a fully equipped emergency room? I then had to wash off his boo-boo and put some antibiotic and a band-aid on it before I sent him off on his way. I did my second good deed for the week, perhaps I will get my wings after all. The horns are growing old.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

did you charge for an office call.

Netter said...

If I charged for all the extra stuff I did around this house I would be rolling in the cash.....uh, that kind of sounds bad.....its al legal might I add.