Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's nice to be back!

I am really feeling happy about blogging again! REALLY, REALLY Happy! Life is good at the moment. Ah, who am I kidding...life is normally really GREAT! I'm sure most people wouldn't thing much of the life I live, but lucky for me, I've never cared what most people think. I do what makes me happy and if they don't like it, they can stick it in their kazoo and toot it.

The only draw back to not blogging for a long time...is the lack of comments I have. Basically none at the moment. That's fine, people will discover that I'm back and will start checking in again. I know it! I just have to be patient. Oh yeah, sure I could send out notice emails but I don't really want to. I figure they will come back in their own time. I'm not in a rush.

I just got a call from Skippy's camp to let me know that her bus gets back later today then they had announced. She is on a special trip otherwise she'd be done at noon. This means that Sparky and I have an extra half hour of freedom. That also means Sparky will get a little more one on one attention that she craves and Skippy won't be picking on her or interupting us when we are playing. Sparky can play for HOURS with playdough or her doll house...Skippy might last for 5 minutes, yeah I said MIGHT! She's been a basket case lately...she can't focus on anything for very long... boom, she's on to something else. We are working on that little issue but its a hard thing to do. I don't rush to do whatever is in her head at any given time. I make her clean up and wait until Sparky and I are done. It kills her but She has to get used to it. She can control herself at school, so if she can do it there, she can do it at home. Plus, she has been driving everyone nuts because she's "up your butt" (Her mom's phrase, not mine) all the time. It's true, she will follow you around and you can't move without stepping on her. She's like a puppy or a cat, always underfoot. I have a highter tolurance for it than her Mom but I get annoyed after several days of it as well. Maybe I'll take Sparky to the library to play on the computer for a while. That always works out well for us. I perch on a chair next to her, reading my book and when she needs help she taps my arm. We have to return books anyway, so we might as well write down our Summer Reading Program titles while we are at it.

4 comments:

Tami said...

We've already finished our summer reading program at the library. Of course, my kids got out of school a little earlier than you guys. We also got free books at Borders doing their reading program ~ you can go to their website and download their sign-up sheet too.

Netter said...

Really?! Borders does that! I"m going there now. Their reading logs at the library are so full that we ran out of room on their sheets so now I have to ask for a second sheet. Not bad...and we have three or four weeks left of it.

Netter said...

I can't find the sign up sheet! What is it listed under on their site?

Yarn Tails said...

It does stink when you are away for a while and you really don't have any comments. I have missed ya!