Friday, May 07, 2010

Im lucky to be alive!

The 4 year old put me in a headlock last night when I was putting her to bed. She kept chanting, "BIG HUG, BIG HUG." then would kiss the side of my head 5 or 6 times before chanting "BIG HUG, BIG HUG!" again. It was a vicious cycle.This went on for a while. When I got out of her death grip, she giggled and I asked, "What was that about?!" She giggled more and said, It's your Birthday in the morning Netter! You need to sleep next to me so I can wake up and tell you Happy Birthday!"
You have to love Sparky...even when she cutting off your blood supply, she's doing it out of love.

This morning she came downstairs, put her hands on her hips and in an annoyed tone said, "Netter, why are you up? I have to make a cake for you." Yeah, like she could use the stove on her own, or that she had enough time before school started in the first place. I reminded her of that and she smiled and said, "Oh yeah!"...like the thought had completely slipped her mind.

She's a goofball!

She spent the whole walk to school trying to sucker me into holding her backpack for her. I told her its my birthday and I don't have to do anything I don't want to do on my birthday. She said, if you carry it today, I'll carry it on Monday, which we all know is a fib the size of China. She'll just say she doesn't remember on Monday. We have been down that road before. Sparky knew she was screwed when Spanky agreed with me that I shouldn't have to carry her backpack on my birthday.

As we neared the school, Skippy saw that her class was already lining up so she started to speed walk to the line. I yelled to her and said "Have a great day, I'll see you later!" She turned and nodded her head. Then Sparky shouted at the top of her lungs..."HEY (insert name) don't forget to tell your teachers and the kids in your class that today is Netter's birthday and that she's 40!" Sparky turns around again,with a HUGE smile and shakes her head like one of those bobble head dolls. Adults as far as 1/2 a block away are amused by this.

I then walk Sparky the rest of the way to her nursery school. In the hall, she tells Max and his Dad that its my Birthday...stressing my age. Once the door to her room opens, we stroll in and her two teachers, Miss Donna and Miss Allison immediately tell me Happy Birthday before Sparky can even open her mouth. Her teachers inform me that Sparky has been talking about my birthday all week. She'd been very excited about it.

It's been kind of fun having a build in announcement system...but if I wanted her to tell everyone my business, she'd clam right up.

No comments: