Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Yesterday's snow day....

Everyone was home yesterday. We had about 10 inches of white stuff fall over night.
It's kind of hard to judge the depth of the snow because it drifted a lot.
The wind really kicked up and it snowed on and off most of yesterday. It was heavy snow as well.
I went out and helped scoop the driveway and sidewalk, but then quickly returned to the warmth of a nice thick blanket.
Our neighbor lady was trying to chat it up with me while I was scooping. I wasn't having it. I was to darn annoyed with them. Once again, they used their snowblower to do their driveway and their sidwalk, only doing a foot of ours, because they used our partially scooped driveway to turn around. It drives me nuts. I mean, seriously, My Dad and the neighbors all snowblow each other's walkways and driveways, plus half the neighborhood. It's not like the neighbors dislike us, plus I watch their dogs for them when they are gone for free...so you'd think they'd be kind enough to do a few feet of sidewalk. If we had a snowblower, I'd do the entire side of our street, and our favorite neighbors across the street as well. I just don't get people.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back, missed your blogs. Thought it didn't snow on L.I.

Anonymous said...

That is sure pretty snow. Glad that I didn't have to shovel it. We do the same thing around here who ever gets the blower out first does a whole bunch of the sidewalks. That is except 1 a--hole.

Rockstar Mom said...

I'd stop watching their dogs, or present them with a contract to sign. In exchange for watching their dogs, they must commit to snow blowing your drive and sidewalks when they do their own.

I think it's quite reasonable.

Anonymous said...

I think you should have said, "Hey can I borrow that when you're done with it? It would make it so much easier." I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they just don't think about it.

Funny, we were just talking about this the other day huh?

Anonymous said...

4 words for you: You can have it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's alotta snow! Rain has a good idea about the snow blower.