Monday, March 23, 2009

Just thinking about them makes me hungry....AGAIN!

Anyone like Sugared Puffs...you know, Popovers! Oh, they are good. I didn't take a picture because they were scarfed down to fast...but you should give them a try.

Sugared Puffs

For the Puffs:
Softened unsalted butter, for greasing the pan
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 Cup whole milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 Cup flour

For the sugar coating:
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Liberally grease a nonstick popover pan or an muffin pan with 1/2-cup indentations, with softened butter.
2) For the puffs, put the 2 Tablespoons melted butter, eggs, milk, salt, and sugar int a blender and whiz(hehe) for a few seconds. *(excuse that giggle...it was my inner child coming out. As a kid, if someone said, Whiz...it meant to pee. I regressed for a minute there.)
3) Add the flour and whiz(hehe) for 5 to 8 seconds, just until smooth. * I'm sorry...I'll try to stop)
4)Divide the batter among 9 greased molds, filling each 1/2 to 2/3 full.
5) Bake for 35 minutes, until the puffs are deep brown.
6) Remove from the oven, wait a few minutes until cool enough to handle, then remove the puff from the pans. You many need a small knife to help pry them out.
7)Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Thoroughly brush each puff all over with melted butter, then dredge in sugar and cinnamon mixture to coat completely. Let cool on a baking rack.

Makes 9 Puffs.

Make sure you have lots of people around or you'll want to eat them all yourself. Trust me...you don't want to do that. I'm not going to let you blame me when you won't fit into any of your clothes. Yeah, that means you MUST share.

4 comments:

Millie said...

You were right when you said these would shoot a normal persons blood sugar sky high.. Maybe I'll try them using Splenda.. may alter the taste a little but bet they would still be good. By the way, Netter, I just posted the Veggie Burgers on Kaster Chat and Chew.. check them out. I made the patties and laid them out on wax paper, then I could coat them and stick them in the pan faster..(YES, I actually remembered how to post it!! Aren't you proud of me??)

Netter said...

Yes Mom, I am indeed! I'm going to try those next week if Sam thinks he'd eat them.

Tami said...

Do you have to use a popover pan? Would a muffin pan work?

I'm glad to see your "blogging vacation" seems to be over. I was giong to enter your 5 for 5 deal but I don't see myself reciprocating this year so I decided not to.

Netter said...

I used a cupckae pan...it worked fine. Just make sure its atleast as deep as the directions said...what, 1/2 inch, I think. I'm to lazy to look...lol.