Monday, December 08, 2008

Did you miss me?


lol, probably not. Fear not, I didn't fall on my head or sleep walk into the bay. I'm safe and sound, feeling much better after that nasty bug I had around Thanksgiving. So, what have I been up to? Well, I mailed the baby shower invitations...FINALLY. That is checked off my list. I have most of my shopping done. I have all of my Christmas cards addressed, now I just have to write out the cards and mail them. I have not touched a single craft project, nope...not one. Instead I started reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer Uh yeah...I'm totally not into vampires or anything even slightly spooky but of course this series isn't scary, its just a big old love story/saga with some vampires in it.In Cousins daughter loved the series more than the Harry Potter series, so I was tempted. When Cindy told me it was worth reading I decided to give it a whirl. I started out with the first book, Twilight. I was kind of annoyed through the book but it was a fast read so I thought, why not give the second book a chance. If it didn't get any better, I'd just stop there. Well, it got better. Then I had to go out and buy the next next two books. As of this morning, I had all four books read. Yeah...and I liked the third and fourth book more then the first two. Granted I have issues with some of the characters because I think they are dingbats but I just have to remind myself that it was written for young adults, so maybe she dumbed it down so they could follow it. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I'm a bit embarrassed to say, I liked the series and I read the whole saga since Thanksgiving. Ms. Meyer is writing the fifth book and you can bet your sweet butt that I'll be picking that up when its published.

This week I plan on posting a few times. I still have to share what Darlene sent me....(I'm grinning from ear to ear as I type.)

7 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Of course I missed you - I was beginning to wonder...

And THANK YOU for joining the Twilight bandwagon - and do not be ashamed, there are tons of non-teens that LOVE these books. Be prepared that the movie is OK (I'm pretty much always entertained by romance movies, so yeah), but it definitely worse than the book...so if you weren't that excited about the book, I would wait for the DVD. I'm not sure she's planning to release Midnight Sun now (book 1 from Edward's perspective) - see here: http://stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html.

Ok, I'm done now.

But wait... we modified the Runza recipe last week, and made a turkey/broccoli/cheese "hot pocket" using the pillsbury french bread dough rolled out and leftover turkey...it was good. Real good.

Darlene said...

I'm about 1/2 way through book two - I'm trying to find time to read it because I know once I start, I won't put it down.

Rockstar Mom said...

I have missed you terribly! I am SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!

I am half way thru the second book. I just can not find time to read and I am getting cranky.

I'm hooked. Bug wants a daily report of where I am at in the story. Then she nods her head and laughs and says "Oh I loved that part."

She is so smug. This assures me she is my child.

About the fifth book...well I heard it was leaked onto the internet and Ms. Meyer got so upset about it, she quit writing it. She said she has no plans to finish or release it at this time.

I'm quite upset about that. Evidently she was retelling the story from Edward's point of view.

Desperate Housewife said...

I'm going to read those books, too. And I'm definitely going to check out the movie.

Anonymous said...

I had that cold crap too. I've been cleaning my house for the holiday season.. (oh fun, not) and figuring out a new program for trucking that cost 132.50 and I don't understand what for

Tami said...

I left a comment on here before. I don't remember what I said but, oh, well... HI!

Anonymous said...

Terribly missed indeed. Glad you're feelin' betta.