Monday, October 20, 2008

You know you want them...

No, you NEED them. My boss plays tennis every weekend. Once he opens the balls, he won't reuse them the following week. We go through a crap load of balls. We'd also have foyer closet full of used tennis ball containers if I didn't dig them out and pass them on. I've got everyone I know around here, overstocked with tennis balls for their dogs. I've even given boxes of these to local nursing homes to use on the bottom of walkers. I've got a huge bag waiting for a home people....and they are calling your name. So, if you have dogs or kids, maybe even another use for these bad boys, leave a comment. They will gladly be shipped your way. I just hate for them to end up in a landfill after only being used for a few games. They need to be loved, abused, dirtied, left in the bushes for a season or two. Yes, they need to be worn out. Come on, you know you want them!

12 comments:

Kare said...

Dear God,
I need these balls. Or at least 4 of them.
Thanking you in advance,
Bobby Danger's Mom

You remember Bobby, right God? He's the dog who is chewing my stuff now when I leave the house... Books, bills, pumice stones... even though he gets walked 532 times a day because he won't pee in the yard.. you remember, right?

Netter, I can't believe that you don't have a crafty use for these balls!

Netter said...

SOLD! Er, well...I mean...FREE! Send me your new address Kare. You are getting a crap load of balls in the mail.

Any one else need some? Let me know, we always have more.

Tami said...

You can send a few my way, if you want. Hayden is going to take a tennis class at school next quarter. He & Meredith already have their own kid-sized racquets and have been bugging me to take them to the gym again.

Does Shannon like that lilypie sidebar showing how many days left til she has her baby? It would have driven me crazy to see "only" 163 days to go! That first baby didn't come nearly soon enough!

Netter said...

Tami~ I'll try to send you a few that are still pretty firm. They bounce better.

Oh, and Shannon has never seen it. She doesn't go online. It's for my personal enjoyment...lol. Basically because I'm not the one knocked up.

Kare said...

:)
yay.

I don't need all of them, though. My place is so small now that I wouldn't even have a place to store them. I'll send you my address on gmail.

Netter said...

OK Kare~ How about a shoebox full. That should keep Bobby the Destroyer busy for a day or two. Plus, he'll have them everywhere and you won't be able to find them anyway....they'll be under the sofa, beds, you name it.

Kare said...

:)
Sounds perfect. Thanks.

Darlene said...

Bobby DEFINITELY needs those balls. That dog is a chewing MACHINE.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nett, I'm sending you the mag right now! We have a WHOLE story on how to use tennis balls! I will mail and also scan it tonight and email you :)

Anonymous said...

I don't need any Nett, but perhaps the local tennis club can use them for tennis lessons? Just a thought.

Netter said...

Raine~ Send away! I'll be waiting with bated breath.

Sue~ I just sent a huge box full to the nursing home in Nebraska where my Grand Mother worked for 15-20 years and where she happily lived the last years of her life. They can always use them for the legs of the walkers, so they don't leave marks on the floor.

Anonymous said...

I prefer tennis on Wii. lol :)