Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Why do I do it to myself?!

I had a bowl of Cherrios for breakfast this morning. That bright idea is kicking me in the butt. I have what I refer to as a morning stomach, its not a technical term and the only other way I could describe it is that in the mornings I sometimes have what I would call a sour stomach. Basically it means that if I indgest milk or eggs, I feel terrible for several hours. Somedays, it won't bother me at all, but on the days it does, its misserable. I often know I shouldn't eat cereal or eggs, I can just tell by the way I feel, but there are days when I feel fine until after I finish my bowl of cereal. Perhaps its just a matter of me not digesting certain things well, like peppers for example. I get a simular stomach ache from eating anything laiden with chunks of peppers and we are not talking hot peppers, but even plain old garden peppers. They torture me. As far as milk goes, I thought perhaps it was just a lactaid issue....but alas, its not. It doesn't really matter if I have regular milk or lactaid milk. I just feel crappy. I'll just take my time, stroll around the house, getting things done while moaning and cursing my craving for a bowl of yummy cheerios this morning. I should feel fine by lunch time.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

You know, I go through the exact same thing with eggs & milk. I crave them, and then when I eat them I don't feel right for the rest of the day. I love cereal - I could eat it for every meal, but I think with me it all depends on how quickly I eat after I get up - I usually have to wait at least an hour or two before I can digest anything other than coffee.

Netter said...

Oh yeah, sometimes a bowl of cereal or a nice plate of eggs sounds so good. Thank goodness that there are days that they don't bother me...but when they do....well, I could cry.

Desperate Housewife said...

That sucks, Netter. I lucked out in that I have a digestive tract of steel. I'm very glad, because food is VERY important to me!

Rockstar Mom said...

Ack. I hope it has passed.

Have you tried Silk Milk? We love it and they make it in Chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, poor Netter! My daughter is going through a phase were she can't eat in the morning - she feels nauseous. At least you can eat something else. Take care of that tummy.