Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just taking a break...but I'll show you what I've been up to

I needed a break, because I'm covered in little pieces of thread and seeing pinwheels where ever I look. So I got out my NEW mug and filled it up with some yummy hot chocolate. It sure is hitting the spot.
My evening and morning have consisted of sewing chains of quilt pieces together. It's much faster to just keep sewing them and clip them apart later. They need to be ironed anyway, so I can face them all the right way for pressing. After I press them, I put the blocks together to form my little pinwheels. Then I have to trim them up so they actually look decent. One down, a whole stack to go...One quilt block set done, another of this size to go and then I have two sets of tiny blocks to make. By tiny, I just mean that they are an inch smaller than the blocks above. I like the idea of this quilt but I think if I had it to do over again, I'd do a stacked coin quilt, because I could just cut everything with my rotary cutter...it would be soooo much easier.

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Everyone's talents just amaze me -that quilt is going to be so pretty! I need to find a special talent.
And that mug? Well, that just sums you up in a nutshell!!!

Kare said...

Love the mug. (and your pants. those are my kind of pants. :) )
I didn't know that you were quilting. That's going to be a stunning quilt. What size is it going to be? Netter, where do keep all of your craft supplies? I want to see your stuff. You should take some pictures.

.:Cris:. said...

I am so LOVING that mug. Too bad my sister doesn't have internet (dial up doesn't count) or I would make my niece look at that mug...

The quilt blocks are PRECIOUS!! Great job :)

Netter said...

Thanks ladies!

Darlene, why settle for one special talent, try everything. I dabble. It keeps me busy.

I love that mug, I always said that I'd make a fun Aunt.

Kare~ I live in pj's. I'm all about comfort. I took a little quilt class but they didn't show me anything that I already knew so it was a waste of money. This quilt is actually a dolly quilt. I'm making a couple. One for my Niece, The Rue Rue and my parents little neighbor girl, Taryn. I realized to late that I could have picked a less time consuming pattern but then again, I always go about things the hard way.

Oy Vey, you want to see my stashes...I kind of have a corner in the basement that I have taken over to house all my craft crap. I need to go through all my stuff and weed it out. I have to much stuff. I'll have to do that, then post pics.

Cris~ Just save a picture of it on your computer and then print it out. That's what I'd do.

Just wait until the baby dolls and teddy bears are covered in their new quilt...that's going to be darn cute.

Tami said...

When I get all my kids in school, you will have to come down for a few days and teach me to quilt.

Netter said...

Tami~ You bet...but, I'm only in Nebrasky on holidays and summer vacation. Oh hell, we can give the kids a needle and thread, scrap pieces of fabric and they can keep themselves busy...that should keep them out of the way. Better yet, we will teach them how to cut up their stuffed animals and sew them back together. Who knows, it might inspire them to become doctors.

Anonymous said...

Cool coffee cup! Yoy, you've been a busy beav. Very pretty!

Kare said...

No Way Jose! Do not clean up your stash first. I want pics of the real deal. :)

Netter said...

Oh crap, if you insist....but its not a pretty site.

Anonymous said...

Netter! Those are lovely. I can't wait to see the finished quilt but I will wait patiently.

Peg said...

The quilts will be absolutely wonderful -- but so labor intensive! The pinwheels are going to look great.

Netter said...

Thanks Peg, its coming right along. Tracing all those shapes about did me in....sheesh!