Friday, October 17, 2008

I can't believe Kare talked me into showing this....

OK, OK, against my better judgement I'm going to post a picture of my craft corner. It's a holy mess...but Kare said she wants to see it in all its glory during mid-crafting. That's what you are getting. I have stuff shoved everywhere because I just finished up Christmas ornaments and I had to pull stuff from everywhere to put together everything that I might need to make my ornies. That's why I have boxes under my little work table...the X-mas stuff hasn't been put back where it belongs. This is embarrassing...its a friggin pit. Well, I guess it could always be worse. Actually it has been worse. You should see what it looks like when I pull every thing out to re-organize it. THAT'S a disaster. The best thing about this room is that I have a TV across from my table so I can watch it while sewing. If I don't want to deal with the TV, I can log on to the computer and either play my itunes or go to AOL radio and jam out. This is what you can't see behind the sewing table...I have stuff all over the floor because I have to make room for it. Oh yes, its a mess, but its my mess and I can't live without all this crap. There is nothing more enjoyable then arts and crafts junk...its just so full of possibilities. Plus if Sam came to me and said, I need some wire, Styrofoam balls, craft paint, markers of every imaginable color, and any other number of strange items...I'd have them all dug out in about 5 minutes. No running to the store at the last minute, nope, I have it covered.
I mean, look at this...its two shelves of the big cabinet that is full of misc fabric that I've collected over the years. That's right, all the fabric that I'm using for my dolly quilts, I didn't have to go shopping for. Nope, I just opened up my cabinet and started rooting around in there. I even found stuff I didn't know I had. Plus I have a pile of fabric on the floor that has been laundered, pressed and is ready to go for a couple of projects I have in mind. Yep, believe me, if there was a huge storm and we were not allowed to leave the house...I'd be set. I have enough projects, that don't require electricity, to keep me busy for a very long time.

15 comments:

Kare said...

I am in awe!!!! Thank you for showing. You have an amazing craft area and Netter, it looks pretty darn organized to me. I want to go over to your house.

Netter said...

Come on over, but be warned, you'll leave covered in one or all of these items: glitter, thread, paint, glue, ink, bits of yarn or fabric...wear old, comfy clothes. I'll be my flannel jammies, feel free to follow suit. We have lots of snacks and things to drink.

Darlene said...

You have a craft room!!! When Kare comes ver, I'm going with her. It doesn't look that unorganized at all. I'm with kare - I'm in awe.

Darlene said...

and by *ver, I mean *over*

Tami said...

Cool. I want a craft room.

You've finished your Christmas ornamnets? Crap. I have to go now.

Yarn Tails said...

HOLY Smokes Batman! You have one master craft room going on there! As soon as the kids leave home I will get my craft room. Just a few more years!!

Netter said...

It's not a big area really, it kind of looks like, but it isn't. I just have a lot of crap shoved into a small area.

Cindy said...

Can we say Pack Rat???? LOL I haven't even thought about what I am going to make for my ornament. I thought about hitting a few craft fairs. Oh crap, did I just say that out loud.

Netter said...

Cynthia Joanne! Don't you even, for one minute, think of buying your ornie! I'll be watching you woman! I mean it!

Netter said...

Oh and Cindy...Danielle says if we are talking pack rats, we should go upstairs at your house and take a gander at your Christmas stuff.

'nough said.
lol

Cindy said...

By the way silly cousin, my Christmas stuff is downstairs. I will have to take a picture and show you. I knew I would get that blood pressure up a bit. LOL.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm pea green with envy! I wouldn't call that messy, I'd call it very much used and in progress. Soon, The Boy will go to college, The Girl will move into his room and then I can take over her room - mwahahahaha!! I'm taking notes, I want a busy craft room just like yours!

Millie said...

Pack Rat!! Definitely.. You always could pack more stuff in a small space than I could fit in an whole room. Still don't know how you do it and are still able to find what you want when you want it without undoing everything...Organization must be the key, but completely and totally organized!!!

Peg said...

Wow! You may have a lot of stuff but, like others have said, it also looks like you can find what you want in a flash. Good for you, Netter!

Netter said...

Yep Peg, I can. My Mom is right, I have always been able to cram a lot into a small space and be able to remember where things are. Its a curse...lol.