Monday, October 13, 2008

It's that time of year...

I have the basement decked out in scary decorations and Sam carved Pumpkins with his pal today. I hate to tell them, but they can't leave them sitting inside because they will mold and turn to mush way to fast. He needs to stick them in the garage or just let the stupid squirrels eat them like they do every year. They are not staying in the kitchen for more then two days. Mark my word, as soon as mold appears, those suckers are gone.

I'm working on something besides my dolly quilts. I cut out all the pieces and now I'm waiting for the ambition to sew them together. I really should sit down and work on my tombstones. I guess I can do that tomorrow while I'm waiting for the lawn guys to come winterize the sprinkler system. Knowing me, I'll be onto another project by then anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's too early for pumpkin carving! But it's great that Sam is so creative. Gotta love that.

Desperate Housewife said...

I wish I was one of those people who do really cool jack o'lanterns, but I hate cleaning out the guts, and it's really frigging hard cutting out corners. Peter is pretty good at it, though. He's planning on doing a Star Wars one this year.

Yarn Tails said...

I need to get some pumpkins to carve, but I wont carve them until like the night before trick or treating.

Netter said...

Normal people...like me, do not carve their pumpkins until a day or two before Halloween. Enough said.

DH~ I also get into my carving and do complicated designs. I love it. Actually, someday, I want to have a whole yard full of carved pumpkins, I'm talking 20 plus. I just have to learn to grow HUGE pumpkins, find a great deal at a pumpkin farm or swipe them off my neighbors porches. I think I'll skip that last one.

Tami said...

Come decorate my house. I'm just not in the mood.