Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm in rare form...or not so rare afterall.

My Mother always tells me to behave and stay out of trouble...but she's just wasting her breath and I think she knows that. I really can't help myself. Sometimes I'm such a smart ass, it even amazes me. Well, plus there are some people that its just so easy and way to much fun to pick on.

I've been referring to the Lake down by my Aunt Carole and Uncle Gary's house as a mud hole. For the fun of it more than anything. All though, it may be one of the nicer lakes in their state, I firmly pretend to believe the entire state is just one big mud hole. After all, there has to be at least one state you tease and make fun of. I seem to have several but that's just my way. I am my Father's daughter, after all. I can't help myself...its genetic.

So, my Uncle sent me a picture of the lake with this sentence below the picture: "Now how can you call this lake a mud hole?" Of course, I replied as such: "It's not hard...you know Sewage Ponds look pretty from a distance, but I wouldn't want to swim in one." Hehehhee...ah, life is good. I'm sure he has just as much fun tormenting me as I do him. Like I said...its genetic.

5 comments:

Millie said...

That picture makes it look smaller than Burchard Lake, and that is definitely a mud hole.. I have no desire to fish on either of these mud holes.. I much prefer to go North, where a lake is a lake and covers a lot of area...

Anonymous said...

It's really not that small. It has 15700 surface acres of water and 163 miles of shoreline.

Netter said...

That's small compared to where Mom and Dad like to fish. You know what they say, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You see, wide open, sparkling fresh water...we see dinky mud hole. It's probably one of the nicer lakes with in a 4 or 5 hour drive of T-town, so that says something...I guess.

Anonymous said...

I have been there and peed in it. Its better than anything that we have in Ne. Carole filters all of her water. Don't you Carole.

Netter said...

Vicki...you just admitted to peeing in a fresh water lake? Don't you know that screws with the natural ph level of lakes and streams. We were taught in Ecology Club that you should do stuff like that over 100 feet from a body of fresh water. For shame!

I'm sure its fun living off the mud hole...I'm just teasing anyway!

Wait...their water is off of a controled system isn't it? They don't get their water directly off the mud hole do they? That would be weird.

Next time you want to travel, go North...You can't beat a day fishing for walleye. It's pretty darn enjoyable. Just leave the jetski at home.