Saturday, October 18, 2008

Did I really just say that?

I was digging around in the fridge a few minutes ago and found myself saying in a very sing-songy voice that, "I hanker for a hunk of cheese." Thank goodness nobody was around because I was doing a bit of a oddball dance move in conjunction with said phrase. Dare I tell you what the move was? Why not...I kind of looked like I was pumping an old train cart, with my heels together, knees flexing. Yes, I know I'm a dork. After I recovered from laughing at myself, it took about 5 minutes for me to remember where I'd heard that phrase before. I thought I'd share so the tune would be lodged in your brain as well. View at your own risk. I will not be held responsible if you start singing it over and over and are slowly driven insane.

8 comments:

.:Cris:. said...

*giggling* I remember that commercial!!!

Are we admitting our ages here? *gasp!*

Have an osm day :)

Netter said...

Cris~ I know...we sure are. That's OK, we had fun stuff on TV between cartoons, that's all. I might break into song again..."Libby, Libby, get your Adverbs here!"

Rockstar Mom said...

I remember that commercial! When my mom and step-dad sat me down to tell me we were moving from Chicago and going to Texas, I thought of that creepy little cheese guy and was afraid everyone in Texas would look like him!

Yarn Tails said...

OMGosh I remember that commercial. That is way too funny!

You know that when I moved to Texas we moved from Chicago too. That is strange that Marianne and I share that in common. Wow!

Renna said...

Omigosh! I'll probably walk into church in the morning, singing that little ditty. They just don't make commercials the way they used to. That made my day! ;-Þ

Millie said...

Where the hell was I at?? I don't have any recolletion of this commerical or anything like it..If you were watching tv, I'm sure I should have heard it, but I can't find it in my memory, must be the part that got cancelled out!! You know what I'm talking about...

Netter said...

Renna~ I know...it gets stuck in your head. I about fell over when it popped out of my mouth. I'd forgotten all about it, or so it seemed.

Mom~ Where the hell were you? I'll tell you...probably sitting on the sofa ignoring the TV or washing clothes, your normal Sat morning activity. I know you have heard it many, many times...plus I used to sing that, along with all the other spots like that. You know, "The Great American Melting Pot", Conjunction Junction", "I'm just a Bill"

I think your big problem is that you lost some of your memory after that surgery you had, years ago. Either that, or I dropped you on your head one to many times.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Millie I don't remember it either the only one I remember is conjunction junction. thats from when the kid were younger that must show that we are the old ones.