Friday, September 26, 2008

Was I really that goofy?

I guess the correct question is...Am I still that goofy? DON'T answer that. I already know what you'll say. Let's face it, your predictable. I was digging through some stuff and came across these old photo booth pictures. I can tell you exactly where they were taken and who's in them but not when they were taken. My best guess is that it was my Junior year in High School, maybe my Senior year. It doesn't really matter anyway. My friend Tami is in the right set, and Deanna is the one in the right. That's back before Deanna married my Uncle. Shoot, I don't even think they were dating then...basically because she was jailbait, but she sure did chase him. I would be here all day if I started telling that story. I'll skip it. Anyway, Deanna gets a little irratated when I tell the truth about the trouble we were up to as kids. She swears she was an angel...uh, I was there. Angel(cough)hardly(cough).

I actually feel like I could have been walking down the halls of our ould high school today. Well, only because I'm broken out. I have no idea why, but suddenly I'm zit central and I don't like it. Must be hormones...friggin hormones, what a pain in the butt.

I'll tell you about the first time I ever saw Tami. We were in Jr high and we had both placed in the County Soil Conservation Poster Contest. That's a pain in my side...I'll explain in a minute...but Tami and I were both at the local News Paper office to have out pictures taken. We didn't speak to each other or anything, I just noted her existance in the universe. Back to the contest. I won forth place. Which I would have been fine with, but I got a letter notifing me that I wuold have won the first place prize but I spelled the word Terrace wrong. Yeah, me, the dyslexic...spelled something wrong. My art teacher didn't catch it either. Anyway,the part I loved is that in the letter that told me I had to settle for 4th because of a spelling error, well, it had the word "poster" spelled wrong several times. Do you have any idea how that drove me nuts. I still have the poster. It's rolled up in a tube in my parents basement. I think I'm going to frame it with the letter and my 4th place ribbon. lol, No I won't...I'd be in a perpetual state of irritation if I had to look at it everyday. Maybe I'll take a picture of it and post it on here though.

The next time I saw Tami was the first day of High School our freshman year. We had every class together except one. Our Senior year, we only had one class together...it was a total flip. Tami and I were like polar oppisites in the respect that she actually did her homework and I did some of mine, sometimes...if the mood stuck me. Oy Vey! I swear, if I could write a letter to my high school self, the first topic I'd touch on would be..."Do your damn homework! You're smart, you remember stuff, you are just bored...EVERYONE IS, get over it." Actually that's a really great idea. For my 20th Reunion, I'll wrote a letter to teenage Netter. That's not until next summer though.

There are stories I could tell about High School....oh yes, gooooood stories. I'm not sure if the statue of limitation has run out on a few of them so I won't go into details. KIDDING! Seriously, I was a pretty good kid. I didn't go wild or get caught doing anything I wasn't supposed to be doing. I made sure of that. My Mother made it very clear to me...when I left the house, I was responsible for my actions. which meant, if I wanted to drink as a minor (I was told I shouldn't) she couldn't really stop me once I left the house but if I got caught, I was going to sit in jail because she wouldn't bail me out. You know, when you are told something like that and you have a Mom who doesn't B.S., you use your head a little more.

You know, Tami and I have a plan to start an on going blog post. I think we should pick a day of the month and assign topics. We'd call it "Remember when..." Doesn't that sound like fun.

OH and speaking og Tami...she's a closet lurker. I know for a fact she reads several of your blogs but doesn't leave comments. She's been blogging up a storm lately and putting me to shame. Stop by and visit her. She blogs for all four of her children as well. Check it out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes to answer your question. :0

Netter said...

HEY! Andi! I said NOT to answer that...lol. I knew people would not be able to resist that.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I think everyone has some goofy pics like that, I have some around here somewhere...

Kare said...

Memories are a wonderful thing. Youth is pretty cool too. :)

Tami said...

Tattletale. Yes, I admit it. I do lurk around some of your sites.

Oh, and our picture must have been in our Senior year. That's when my hair looked like that.

Netter said...

Sue~ I hve more than most...basically because I still make goofy faces in pictures.

Kare~ Aww, to be young again!

Tami~ Yes, I ratted you out. Whatcha going to do about it? I figured you needed a little push in the right direction. You'll thank me later....or not. lol