Monday, September 29, 2008

They make me beg.

You know, its annoying really. My Sister and Mother tell me about the cute pictures of Rue and do they download them and send some to me. Rarely. I usually have to beg or make threats. I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they secretly enjoy torturing me. Most people do. I don't recommend it really....because it forces me to add their name to my "LIST." It's not a place you want to be.

Anyway, I did manage to get a story out of Mom and Tisha. When the Rue wakes up, you don't go in her room and get her up right away. She needs to lay around and babble to herself a little bit, its part of her waking up process. Rush it and she'll probably be cranky. I kind of understand it. It's like me, I need 'quite and calm' for the first 5 minutes after I wake up. It really makes a difference in how my day will go.

So Rue was awake in her crib, moving around a little (she'll be in her toddler bed soon)and she was kind of chattering to herself in a sing songy kind of way. Tisha could hear her on the monitor as she was getting ready for work. Then she heard, "click, Click, click" over and over again. Tisha was trying to figure out what The Rue was clicking. Tisha walked down the hall and peaked in to find Rue at the foot of the crib, stretching over the foot of it, flipping the light switch for the closet. She was focused on the closet, and was watching the light through seam of the doors. She couldn't reach the room switch because it was just out of her reach. Tisha walked past Rue's bedroom door to grab something in the kitchen and Rue saw her. She started yelling, Mama, I up! I awake Mama! I up! I awake!" This yelled, "OK Rue, I'll be right there, I just have to grab something first." and the Rue yelled louder, "Mama! I awake!" Tisha yelled back, "I know Rue, I'm coming." Aww, the Rue...she's a card.

Last weekend she was at my parents neighbors house. Taryn was outside in her stroller and she'd been playing the drop my bottle game. The adults caught on so when they stopped picking it up, Rue took over. She'd hand Taryn her bottle and and say, "Milk!" Taryn would smile. Then while Rue was handing back the bottle, she noticed that Taryn had spilt some on her stroller. "Uh Oh! Milk!" she said in a gasp, while pointing to the wet spot on the stroller. Taryn just looked at her like...so what. My Dad thinks that Rue and Taryn are going to be good friends who battle with each other sometimes, but the minute someone else tries to bug them, those two girls are going to gang up and battle back. I can totally see that. I already know who's going to be bugging those girls the most though...its Rue's Papa and Taryn's Daddy. They already pick on them. Thank goodness Auntie Nett will be around to teach them how to put those pesky men in their place. I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

I heard that Rue is the Greeter at daycare. It's her unofficial title and of course, she doesn't get compensated for it....lol. She likes to tell everyone that walks through that door, "Hi!" How cute. Once in a great while, she's the last toddler in her room. When that happens, they like to take her over to the baby room for a little while so the toddler teacher can leave a little early and the baby teachers get a Rue Rue fix. She likes the teachers but she's a little pissed about getting tossed in the baby room. She tells them "NO!" and that she's not a baby. She's right. She was moved to the toddler room early because she was advanced enough to swim and not sink, with the older kids. Once she's in there, she's fine...she gets lots of attention and gets to play with the babies toys...what's not to like!

Well, I better be going. I need to leave several messages on my parents answering machine, harassing my Mother to send me photos. It really needs to be done.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I understand Rue needing her 'space' in the morning. I, as well, wake up an hour before anyone else every morning, because I honestly think I could do bodily harm on anyone who tried to interact with me when I first wake up.
She sounds like such an entertaining girl.

Netter said...

Holy crap, I just saw about 500 typos in that post. Crapola! Ignore them, I was tired from sleepwalking all night.

Yeah Darlene, The Rue is a piece of work. She exhausts everyone and at the same time, keeps them coming back for more.

Tami said...

Hey! Tisha & Millie! Get those pictures to Annette! The rest of us want to see them too!

Or, you could just send them to me & I'll post them. That would really irk her. (But don't tell Annette I said that!)

Anonymous said...

Aw, are little kiddies the cutest things ever? She must be the most adorable little girl. A couple years ago I had make a nuisance out of myself to get my brother to send me pix of infamous tree that fell on my parents house. Sheesh! I coulda spit nails!