Monday, September 29, 2008

How do I know I was sleepwalking last night?

I didn't realize it right away. My alarm went off this morning and I felt tired...really tired, so I just kind of stayed in bed, listening to my alarm for a while. I remember thinking to myself, "Man, its friggin hot in here." I glanced over at the window that was supposed to be open. It wasn't. That's when the confusion set in. I had no memory of closing it....but the strange thing was that I could see stuff on the other side of the window, between the glass and the screen. I bolt up to a sitting position. I said, "What the hell!" I stroll over to the window, open it up to discover this list of items all lined up.
1) A flashlight: which had new batteries as of last week, but was almost dead now because it had been left on.
2)three tubes of lip gloss, all different brands and flavors.
3) 4 spools of thread, all different colors, all stacked up on top of each other.
4) my cordless phone...thank goodness it didn't rain last night.
5) a bottle of water, unopened
6)three Sharpie markers, with no lids. I still have not found the lids. I stuck the markers in plastic bags until I can find the stinking lids. They were new markers too.
7) the two silver rings I was wearing when I went to bed last night.
8)a roll of Scotch tape.
9) my toothbrush.

OK, this means I can't sleep with my bedroom door open again for a while. I must have been strolling around the basement because half that stuff wasn't in my bedroom. Oh but it gets better. When I went to take my shower this morning. I found 4 pairs of shoes in my shower. Two pairs of flip-flops, a pair of sneakers and a pair of dress shoes that I have not worn for months. Who knows what else I was into or when I will discover it. I honestly don't even want to think about it. But hey, at least I didn't drive the car anywhere.

12 comments:

Tami said...

You are nuts. You probably should not be posting about this stuff. They are going to put you away. Are you sure you aren't part squirrel? Stashing away things you might need later?

denise said...

markers, thread and tape. man even in your sleep u are trying to do craft stuff. lol

Darlene said...

Okay, is it wrong that I laughed through this entire post? I know that this could be potentially dangerous....You know what you should do? Set up a video camera...If for nothing more than our entertainment. hahah

Glad to hear that you're safe, though. You may need to be duct taped to the bed.

Desperate Housewife said...

Holy shit, I'd be afraid to go to bed if I walked in my sleep. I second the duct tape idea.

Ms K said...

I was laughing, too.
But, ya, shut your dooor at night!

Lucy said...

OMG....how strange is that. I read about people eating in their sleep and gaining pounds and pounds of weight...Oh, No...maybe I just put that in your head to do!!!! (sorry!)

Anonymous said...

At lease you know why you were tired when you woke up. Most people arent that busy when they are awake. Yea I think you are ready for the looney bin. Are you sure Sam's not playing an early April fool on you. Make sure you get all the fancy colors of duct tape so you can be creative with it when you walk. I'm worried about you.

Cindy said...

At least you did not blame me and the long phone call Saturday night that lasted into 3 a.m. Sunday morning. Dad thinks we are crazy to talk on the phone that long. It is amazing how we never, ever run out of things to say. I think they should put us in the same nursing home when we get to that age. Boy the fun we could have and the jokes we could play.

Rockstar Mom said...

I'm with Vick. I'm worried about you.

I admit the worry set in after I stopped laughing....but still...I'm worried.

Peg said...

OMG - Does this happen often? I thought it kinda sounded like you were getting ready to sneak away for a while for a quickie vacation...why else would you need all of that lip gloss and 4 pairs of shoes? Find any bus tickets or anything?

Anonymous said...

I agree.. you are doing crafts in your sleep. I'm still trying to knit in my sleep... not worked yet.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes Netter! Were you planning an escape? Take care!