Monday, August 11, 2008

There's nothing like a summer garden....

Do you remember me mentioning the prank I was saving for my next visit to Nebrasky? If not...you can read about it here. Sometimes things make more sense with a back story behind it. Then again....that doesn't always apply to the things that I do.

OK, anyway...a Beer Garden magically spouted in my parents new neighbors yard. He was actually in Omaha because he only comes down to work on the house when he can. They gutted the house and its coming along pretty quickly but they don't have the kitchen and bathrooms done yet. Anyway, that is neither here not there...what counts is that Chuck is going to come home to a Beer Garden growing in his front yard. It's amazing what a person can do with some old beer cans, a few sticks, a handful of artificial flower leaves and a glue gun. I even had a little help with the project but the guilty accomplice will never fess up. I told my crime partner that it was OK to deny any part of the planting. After all, I don't live there and I don't have to spend my days worried about what would show up in my yard.

In case you have never seen a beer garden...here's a gander:
OF COURSE I put it in the FRONT YARD....REALLY close to the street so everyone could get a good look at it when they drove by. I'm sure by the time he shows up in town, everyone will be talking about it. Ahhh, when that happens...my job is a success! Just between us...if I could have scrounged up more beer cans, I totally would have filled in the entire front yard. For Christmas, I'm giving Chuck a HUGE bag of beer bottle caps, aka Beer Garden Seeds, along with planting and care directions. Oh yeah, that's going to show up on his doorstep from "Santa."

Chuck should just be happy that I didn't sneak over and write my initials in his new concrete patio. I would have only used my first and last initials because they are the same as my Dad's and he would have gotten blamed for it. I joke about it, but in reality, I would never do that...its to destructive. I'm onrey, not mean.

8 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh you are so bad!

Yarn Tails said...

That is just an awesome idea! You crack me up!! So Glad you are home.

Netter said...

Yep, the paybacks on this one are going to be entertaining. It's a good thing that I live so far away.

Darlene said...

ahahahahah!!

Cindy said...

That is too funny. I wish I could be there when he gets home.

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that was all the beer cans you could find. I love it. Chuck deserves it he is so crazy. I didn't even get to see you when you were back. It has been so busy lately. Its time to report back to work. And Im all depressed about it. Can't wait to listen to all the complaining women again.

Arlette said...

Netter, you are so bad!!!! rofl I actually adore your sense of humor. Bottle caps, beer seeds...I love it!
Aloha!